• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
samc said:
congrats on the others crs they look ace!
you adult cherrys look nice too, didnt know they were that red
ill still have some when i get set up :rolleyes:
Thanks, some of the cherries grow to be that colour and some don't so when I send out shrimplets is just luck of the draw really, there is quite a mix of heavy red and not so red, I might feed the non-so-red to the rainbows one of these days! lol

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
saintly said:
8) paulo, i had to don these sun glasses mate....those cherries are vibrant :D
Hahaha thats how they came out of the camera, all I did was a quick resize and thats about it ;)

TBRO

As always very impressive. Do you're shrimps come from different sources to mix up the gene pool ? I worry mine will be more interbred than a dalmatian dog :!:

T

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
TBRO said:
As always very impressive. Do you're shrimps come from different sources to mix up the gene pool ? I worry mine will be more interbred than a dalmatian dog :!:
T
Many thanks, I have mixed cherries to my collection in the past year 2-3 times and the CRS are from two sources. Not sure if that matters too much though, but a good point, will have to read up on it.

tanker

LondonDragon said:
Well an update is not an update without some photos, so here it goes:

pict1354k.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

wow, whats the plant?its nice.... it carpets, but doesnt look like moss

JohnC

On a mountain in the Highlands of Scotland
tanker said:
LondonDragon said:
Well an update is not an update without some photos, so here it goes:

pict1354k.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

That looks like fissidens.

Great picture LD.

John

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
tanker said:
It is indeed Fissidens Fontanus, it doesn't really carpet, its attached to a aluminium mesh the size of the carpet then it just fills in and hides the mesh and creates a nice carpet feel, the good thing about it is that I only have to trim it once every 2-3 months hehehe ;)

JohnC

On a mountain in the Highlands of Scotland
LondonDragon said:
tanker said:
It is indeed Fissidens Fontanus, it doesn't really carpet, its attached to a aluminium mesh the size of the carpet then it just fills in and hides the mesh and creates a nice carpet feel, the good thing about it is that I only have to trim it once every 2-3 months hehehe ;)

Is Fontanus the one that actually fastens to things? ie wood?

If so next time your trimming give me a shout, i'm gagging on giving it a shot. :D

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
hijac said:
Is Fontanus the one that actually fastens to things? ie wood?
If so next time your trimming give me a shout, i'm gagging on giving it a shot. :D
Yep thats the one, will do my best not to forget when I trim it, I was thinking of expanding the carpet so se will see. If not there should be a fair bit to donate to members of the forum.

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Just a quick update, the first lot that bred are about half a cm in size now and I have seen about 6-7 of them at the same time in the tank so things are looking good, today I spotted some more tiny 1mm red/white CRS. But also spotted 3-4 Black CRS, so I now have the Red and Black Crystals breeding in the tank :)
The fan really helped with the hot weather, the temps never went above 25C, now the its becoming a bit cooler and with the fans was taking the temp down to 18C I have turned them off, so the temp now stays are around 23-24C :)

Mark Evans

Expert
good god man! thats stunning! you sure know the meaning of "clean" :thumbup:

mate, your still the king of moss! and I think I speak for MOST of us on UKAPS moss isn't as easy as people make out! good stuff paulo. i have a very short list of people i'd turn to for good and sound advice....your now on it for moss and shrimp ;)

rawr

Wow, what have you been putting in this tank?! It's grown in so fast!

By the way, I don't know if your images are really large, but they aren't fully loading for me - maybe resize them to smaller dimensions.

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
saintly said:
good god man! thats stunning! you sure know the meaning of "clean" :thumbup:
mate, your still the king of moss! and I think I speak for MOST of us on UKAPS moss isn't as easy as people make out! good stuff paulo. i have a very short list of people i'd turn to for good and sound advice....your now on it for moss and shrimp ;)
Thanks Mark, this tank has been amazing clean since I went over to Natursoil, even when I mess about with the substrate the water remains clean, can't wait to change the gravel in the other tank to Naturesoil!!
Also I know what you mean about mosses not being that easy, just hope mine stay nice for a while and don't turn to muck like last time hehe and I am no king of anything, just luck lol

JamesM said:
:clap: :clap:
Excellent work Zoidy :D
Thanks James :) I am trying! shame about my other tank LOL

rawr said:
Wow, what have you been putting in this tank?! It's grown in so fast!
Thanks Thomas, I am just doring TPN+ in this tank when I can remember to do so, once or twice a week.

rawr said:
By the way, I don't know if your images are really large, but they aren't fully loading for me - maybe resize them to smaller dimensions.
Photos are only 800 pixels wide, must be the server where they located that is slow.

andyh

The tank looks stunning! :thumbup:

Its good to see a different style of tank up on here, and you certailnly seem to be the master of all things shrimp and mossy!

I hope my new setup is half as good as your pics! :?