• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

Hey Paulo, any tips for keeping the anubis leaves clean in low ferts low CO2 system? Love the fissidens BTW

TBRO said:
Hey Paulo, any tips for keeping the anubis leaves clean in low ferts low CO2 system? Love the fissidens BTW
Just keep the light low :) and keep on top of maintenance, don't do anything special for it really. During the time the anubias have been in the tank it has not been dosed that much, I have been dosing some DIY TPN+ over the past month due to seeing the ferns struggling a little.

Shrimp arrived today from Shrimpking, well packaged no DOA and brilliant specimens :)

Some photos of the shrimp, two of them were a prize in a photographic competition.

p1000825o.jpg

p1000827r.jpg

p1000833x.jpg

p1000836s.jpg

Photos taken with my compact, I will get better shots later.

Very happy with the quality of these CRS :) Lets hope this batch survives and breeds!!

Attachments

• p1000827r.jpg
    p1000827r.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 194
  • p1000836s.jpg
    p1000836s.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 216
Couple of beauties in there Paulo! If you dont mind me asking, what grade and how much where they? My CRS are breeding well now, but i would like to get a few more nice ones :)

Lovely shrimp Paulo I'm jealous :thumbup: . My plan of action is to sell off/give away my lower grade babies and get some higher grades off Shrimp King to improve the genepool. Don't know if you wanted to be my guinea pig and take some off my hands for free, I've never posted shrimp before so don't know how they travel so didnt want to charge. I'm not sure you would want my A/B grades mixing with your nice new S's though :lol:

andyh said:
Couple of beauties in there Paulo! If you dont mind me asking, what grade and how much where they? My CRS are breeding well now, but i would like to get a few more nice ones :)
Cheers and PM'ed!

NeilW said:
Lovely shrimp Paulo I'm jealous :thumbup: . My plan of action is to sell off/give away my lower grade babies and get some higher grades off Shrimp King to improve the genepool. Don't know if you wanted to be my guinea pig and take some off my hands for free, I've never posted shrimp before so don't know how they travel so didnt want to charge. I'm not sure you would want my A/B grades mixing with your nice new S's though :lol:
Cheers, I will not be mixing lower grades with these ones, to see if they breed as it is, they also have the wine red gene in them, so if they breed I might get lucky and have some wine reds in there ;)

hydrophyte said:
This is a real nice setup. I want to do a shrimp tank someday. Those new little specimens are super-cute.
Thanks, I am very happy with the shrimp also :) you should go for a shrimp setup in one of your ripariums, would look great and its the ideal setup for them also, low tech, plenty of cover, just use plenty of mosses underwater and thats it ;)

More CRS photos, this time with the DSLR:

pict0269b.jpg

pict0218m.jpg

pict0224ck.jpg

pict0245d.jpg

pict0247.jpg

pict0248.jpg

pict0250w.jpg

pict0254b.jpg

pict0257e.jpg

pict0260.jpg

Some photos of them "in-flight":

pict0231o.jpg

pict0240k.jpg

pict0252f.jpg

pict0259.jpg

pict0266v.jpg

pict0273g.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• pict0248.jpg
    pict0248.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 189
  • pict0250w.jpg
    pict0250w.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 199
  • pict0254b.jpg
    pict0254b.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 193
  • pict0257e.jpg
    pict0257e.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 194
  • pict0260.jpg
    pict0260.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 192
  • pict0240k.jpg
    pict0240k.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 175
  • pict0252f.jpg
    pict0252f.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 176
  • pict0259.jpg
    pict0259.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 180
  • pict0266v.jpg
    pict0266v.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 195
  • pict0273g.jpg
    pict0273g.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 194
Jealousy is a cruel mistress, they're very nice, and I'm very tempted to order some myself in the hope that they breed, do you have any tips Paulo?

Grrrr, I've put off posting in here as its doing my head in :lol: I miss my shrimp tank so bad! :(

Great shots Paulo, some cracking looking shrimp too mate... got any cherries up for sale? Drop me a PM if you have bud, ta :)

Nice Tank. I like moss and looks nice and healthy.

"At the moment dosing 5ml of each twice a week."

You dosing 5ml twice a week Easycarbo ? I just wonder, how i know this chem gone after 24h from water or not ?
Or You divide 10ml by weekly days ?

Best Regards,

Jack middleton said:
Jealousy is a cruel mistress, they're very nice, and I'm very tempted to order some myself in the hope that they breed, do you have any tips Paulo?
I hope they breed too, I have been trying for a while without much luck, might have been due to my laid back approach to tank maintenance, now I will keep on top of it and see what happens.

JamesM said:
Grrrr, I've put off posting in here as its doing my head in :lol: I miss my shrimp tank so bad! :(
haha just get another one, just though a couple of bricks in the tank and your done ;)

JamesM said:
Great shots Paulo, some cracking looking shrimp too mate... got any cherries up for sale? Drop me a PM if you have bud, ta :)
Cheers mate, no cherries for sale at present, I had a little accident a few weeks ago that killed 200 of my best cherries :( so not I had to start from what I had left, doing some more selective breeding so maybe soon enough will have some.

arty said:
Nice Tank. I like moss and looks nice and healthy.
Many thanks :)

arty said:
You dosing 5ml twice a week Easycarbo ? I just wonder, how i know this chem gone after 24h from water or not ? Or You divide 10ml by weekly days ?
I am not dosing Easycarbo in this tank any longer, and haven't done so in a long time, I am only dosing EI all in one solution from JamesC recipe. I dose the tank 2 or 3 times a week about 10ml each time.

Some really nice shrimp there. Just ordered the 6 pack of s-ss grade shrimp from Shrimpking myself........can't wait to get them! :D

basil said:
Some really nice shrimp there. Just ordered the 6 pack of s-ss grade shrimp from Shrimpking myself........can't wait to get them! :D
Nice one :) if they are as good as the ones I received you will be very happy with them, unfortunately due to an accident with the filter I lost 4-5 of these great speciemens, lets hope the remaining breed.

how do you get the moss to grow of the bog wood??? it looks amazing :)

niall_227 said:
how do you get the moss to grow of the bog wood??? it looks amazing :)
Just tie them down to the wood with some cotton thread or super glue them ;) some mosses will attach themselves to the wood after some time, but not all mosses do, a great one to attach to wood is the Fissidens.

I used a hairnet to attach some java to my lump of bog wood :oops:

Back