• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Just finished reading this start to finish. I love it :D
You are OBVIOUSLY a "mossmaster".

Brilliant.

Kris

Thanks Kris, this tank is still running, the CRS are long gone and for the past year I have been breeding a Blue Sulawesi shrimp that I obtained from Chris Lukhaup at Vivarium last year, not sure what to do with them at the moment but there must be over 500 in the tank at present lol

The nicest ones are a really nice colour but most of them are very pale and will need a lot of selective breeding to get the best out of these shrimp which I don't think I will do that.

BigTom said:
I'd suggest sending some to me with that mythical filter fern cutting :lol:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: yes been meaning to post that fern haha if you want to give the shrimp a go let me know, time to start sending out a few to see what people think of them ;)

I'll take some too! Any pics of the said shrimp ?
Very interesting indeed. Is the Fiss still covering the floor or what ?

Love to see an update too!

Thanks,
Kris

BigTom said:
Yeah would love to try some Paulo. What temperature are you keeping them at?
I think you've got my address, just send me a bill :)
I don't have a heater in the tank, they are suppose to be similar to cherries when it comes to temps and breeding lol at least they are for me.
See if I can sort that out this week, yes I still have your PM ;)

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
I'll take some too! Any pics of the said shrimp ?
Very interesting indeed. Is the Fiss still covering the floor or what ?
Love to see an update too!
Thanks,
Kris
I will let you know about the shrimp, should not be a problem ;)
I will try and give the tank a tidy up and take some shots, nothing special at the moment, just a tank covered in fissidens and pellia lol had a bucket full of string moss that went to an UKAPS member on Thursday. The carpet is still there but a lot of pellia got mixed with it and now the pellia out grows the fissidens, when when the pellia is removed the fissidens is still visible.

LondonDragon said:
BigTom said:
Yeah would love to try some Paulo. What temperature are you keeping them at?
I think you've got my address, just send me a bill :)
I don't have a heater in the tank, they are suppose to be similar to cherries when it comes to temps and breeding lol at least they are for me.
See if I can sort that out this week, yes I still have your PM ;)

Splendid :)

Okey doke. Just PM me. :D I'd love some new shrimp :D
Wow I'd love to see a whole tank full of fiss! I'd say it looks great from the shrimps point of view, fields full of food. :lol:
Pellia's always getting stuck into everything it can.
Don't forget that I've got my name on some shrimp if you do start sending them out! :D

Thanks,
Kris

Are there any updates to this tank Paulo? And if you have any moss to spare, please let me know.

Are there any updates to this tank Paulo? And if you have any moss to spare, please let me know.
Not really, this tank has taken total neglect for about 2 years now, its covered in ferns and anubias and has some fish in there, the CRS are long gone. I will try and get a FTS next week to see what a disaster it is lol
Needs a rescape or given to someone who can do something with it lol case of too many tanks!

Back