• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

aaronnorth said:
do you add any calcium additives or is that just for snails?
I feed the shrimp with calcium rich foods meant for crabs and crayfish, they love them ;)

wow, they're the sexiest bunch of shrimp i've ever seen.

with regards to the tank, i think it looks good that you just threw everything in, kind of like a jungle feel, especially with all of the mosses.

Lookin good Paulo :D

I think you will agree as good as your pictures are they still dont do these superb shrimp justice. Its not till you see those little white legs flashing away that you get to really appreciate them. Keeping my fingers crossed they do well for you!

Ark said:
those shrimp look great my local MA has them to baby ones £2.50 each,
how many shrimp do you have in total now?

Which MA ?????? I will buy them all at that price too ;) (LD???????)

planter said:
Which MA ?????? I will buy them all at that price too ;) (LD???????)
Thanks Chris, they are trully stunning :) they stand out so much too on the plants and the dark gravel just amazing!!!
I was first on those at £2.50, I will sell them to you at £4 each! LOL

judging by everyones shocked reactions at 2.50 per shrimp im gonna have to double check them tommorow and make sure they wer in fact sulewesi ones they wer to small to tell the differecne

steve2tanks said:
Those shrimp look so cool,i hope you get a nice colony of them going like your cherries :D
I do hope so too mate, if they breed well then I will have to select a few users to try and build numbers up and make them more accessible to everyone. ;)

Ark said:
judging by everyones shocked reactions at 2.50 per shrimp im gonna have to double check them tommorow and make sure they wer in fact sulewesi ones they wer to small to tell the differecne
I would be suprised if they were, but if they are then its the bargain of the year ;)

Some more photos of the Sulawesi, they have started shedding their shells which I guess its a good sign, they go very light once they change them and can hardly notice the spots.

pict0188mx8.jpg

pict0190hb1.jpg

pict0193rq8.jpg

pict0198rg4.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments and critics always welcomed :)

johnny70 said:
stunning mate, stunning, put my pictures to shame :oops:
Thanks mate, if you had a nice macro lens I am sure you could do the same ;)

Fred Dulley said:
Nice shrimps mate. Not to mention the quality photos.
My Harlequins didn't arrive :(
Thanks Fred, shame on the Harlequins, MA @ Morden should have some next week, I am thinking about them lol
But I think I will setup another 60 liter tank just for the Sulawesi and leave the current tank just for the CRS and Cherries.

LondonDragon said:
Fred Dulley said:
Nice shrimps mate. Not to mention the quality photos.
My Harlequins didn't arrive :(
Thanks Fred, shame on the Harlequins, MA @ Morden should have some next week, I am thinking about them lol
But I think I will setup another 60 liter tank just for the Sulawesi and leave the current tank just for the CRS and Cherries.

LondonDragon's actually gone shrimp mad. :lol:

Thomas McMillan said:
LondonDragon's actually gone shrimp mad. :lol:
Shrimp are great little things and the problem is that they are too expensive, if a few of us could start breeding them on a regular basis and distribute them here on the forum, would make them available to everyone for a small price ;)

Hi guys, just a quick update of the tank itself, they shrimp are doing great, and the red cherries are breeding pretty fast, have little shrimplets all over the place, will have to get rid of some soon enough.
Few photos to see whats going on:

pict0111tl0.jpg

pict0123oj2.jpg

pict0143zf0.jpg

pict0136fy3.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

aaronnorth said:
beautiful, the rock inder the arch is getting less noticable now :)
Thanks, the rock is way at the back of the tank, just looked like it was right underneath the "arch".
I planted some willow moss at the front of the arch and the shrimp love it, cleaned it up in no time, but now its full of snails so no sure if they will eat it, time will tell. ;)

i was wonderin wether i could use twigs and branches off an apple tree in my back garden snap em off and let em dry out

also if you ever trim you moss and need to get rid of it i bagsy first batch

ark

I think this tank is looking much more pleasing now that the rocks are less noticable. I'll most likely be looking for some cherries when my 35ltr is ready in a month or so - I'll know where to come ;)

Back