• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

Ark said:
i was wonderin wether i could use twigs and branches off an apple tree in my back garden snap em off and let em dry out
also if you ever trim you moss and need to get rid of it i bagsy first batch
ark
You can use the branches if they are completly dead and dry, then you just add them to the tank. I sent out so much moss last month that now it will take a couple of months to recover and get some more to send out, I always post it in the Sale section for donations.

Thomas McMillan said:
I think this tank is looking much more pleasing now that the rocks are less noticable. I'll most likely be looking for some cherries when my 35ltr is ready in a month or so - I'll know where to come ;)
When you first add the rocks they are nice and clean and shinny, after a while they get some algae and stuff and become more integrated into the tank, all takes time ;) regarding the shrimp I will be looking for someone to send my first batch as a test run, so will most likely only charge postage and packaging costs for that ;)
Already have the breathable bags, now need to find some decent boxes.

Haven't posted here in a while, only thing new here is the pile of Fissidens Fontanus that I took from the main tank to place here, no overall photos as the battery run out just some of the cherries on the f fontanus.
No breeding signs on the Crystal red or the Cardinals, but well over 100 red cherries now and yesterday counted at least 11 females carrying eggs!!

pict0170kj2.jpg

pict0171oz9.jpg

pict0176ea3.jpg

pict0177nj4.jpg

pict0180kw0.jpg

pict0181vr2.jpg

pict0182pt7.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

i dont have experience of keeping shrimp but would like to set up a shrimp tank in near future. i've read that CRS and sulawesi shrimps prefer different kind of water parameters.
CRS prefer softer slightly acidic water that aquasoil tanks usually provides
but sulawesi prefer harder and pH of up to 8.

londondragon, u're keeping both kind of shrimps in the same tank, is there any sign of stress for any shrimps? it'll be nice to be able to keep both in the same tank really :D

Tanker, keeping both species in the same tank is not a problem, however it might be when it comes to breeding, if the conditions are not optimum for both species one might not breed, both the Crystal and Cardinal are doing fine in the tank, I will see how both do in the coming months, if I see no breeding from either I will setup a tank just for the Cardinals.

Just a quick update, was checking the tanks this morning before I left for work and feed the shrimp.
To my amazement I spotted a Crystal Red shrimplet :) only saw one but looks like they are breeding :)
They are so tiny and look amazing :) I will try and get some photos.

Some photos, didn't manage to catch the tiny CRS shrimplets, maybe next time ;)

The mass of Red Cherries:
pict0002kn3.jpg

pict0021pq1.jpg

pict0023ja4.jpg

Shrimplet on Fonstanus:
pict0028tk8.jpg

Mountain of Fissidens Fontanus, have to get some back in the main tank, thinking of creating a carpet with it in the shrimp tank ;)
pict0009qt3.jpg

Soon to start shipping out some cherries, I have all the packaging now :)

im in desperte need of cherries
dont want to get off ebay

tell us when you put them on

are you only selling babies or are you gonna sell some bigger ones

Ark

do you breed amano's?

Thomas McMillan said:
Bloody hell, you must have gazillions of cherries! Any recent full-tank shots?
There are well over a hundred in there now lol regarding the tank I just been letting things grow, I haven't trimmed anything since I setup the tank, here a full shot:
pict0049nm5.jpg

Fred Dulley said:
Nice pics, mate.
Woop, mail order shrimp is nearly here!
Thanks, I will be staring to send some out soon, if people can garantee they won't be in a tank full of large fish and make fish food ;)

Ark said:
im in desperte need of cherries
dont want to get off ebay
tell us when you put them on
are you only selling babies or are you gonna sell some bigger ones
Ark
do you breed amano's?
I will only be sending out medium size shrimps, not tiny shrimplets and most likely some females with eggs too.
Amanos are a different ball game as they need salt water to grow the shrimplets, that would need a complete new setup.
I am trying to breed Cardinal Sulawesi in the same tank, will see how those do.

stuworrall said:
bloody hell! its a shrimp army. hopefully mine will multiply like that when i get some. pity the amanos dont do the same!
Yep cherries are not hard to breed given the right conditions ;)

Some more shrimp shots :)

Cherry on the Xmas moss:
pict0069xf7.jpg

Closer shot:
pict0066lz3.jpg

Cherry on the Fissedens Fontanus and a snail, this tank is full of snails too:
pict0078sb1.jpg

Tiny shrimplet on the Willow moss:
pict0083nk9.jpg

thanks for looking :)

steve2tanks said:
That full tank shot looks good with all the moss, bet the shrimp love it :lol:
Yeah, its growing a bit wild though, I might give it a trim soon and also there is a pile of Fissedens Fontanus on the right hand side that needs sorting too, I just put it in there as it was getting some algae in my main tank, now its clean but full of shrimplets and snails lol

I'm loving the overgrown look!

I've just realised how amazing it is, how different all of the mosses look close up.

Yeah a little trim would look better with the moss sent to me :lol:

Only messin mate,i like the over run look you have now :D

Back