• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

sari said:
oh, that's a shrimp heaven! Is your water soft? :?:
According to some tests I have seen here Thames Water in London is hard, I haven't tested it myself.

A few more photos I took tonight when I got home from work:

Managed to catch the little Crystal Red, I have only seen one at a time, so not sure if its always the same one, as I was taking the photo it decided to swim away:
pict0109yb2.jpg

Another Crystal Red, very much low grade this one:
pict0129pa5.jpg

The Fissedens Fontanus, looking very healthy now in the shrimp tank:
pict0131hz2.jpg

A shrimplet enjoying the fontanus too:
pict0139fd0.jpg

The 3 species of shrimp I have in this tank:
pict0127rj3.jpg

Cardinals vary in colour when you just turn on the lights, some almost have no colour:
pict0123ke5.jpg

Cardinal trying to hide behind the Willow moss:
pict0124vh2.jpg

Another Cardinal:
pict0125ob8.jpg

Once again:
pict0134ab2.jpg

Apologies for bombarding you guys with all these photos, I will give it another break for a while hehe :)
Thanks for looking.

Wow, those cardinal shrimp are spectacular!

Where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking?

Mark

vauxhallmark said:
Wow, those cardinal shrimp are spectacular!
Where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking?
Mark
Thanks, got them from MA @ Morden

vauxhallmark said:
Lovely - I was there last weekend - didn't see any of those though. :(
I went there specially for them as I had reserved some and even then I couldn't spot them in the tanks, they are so tiny and not easy to see, next time you down there ask for Chris.

So how big were they when you got them - and how big are they now? Have you had any breeding success with them yet? Can't say I know about them, have to look them up. Presumably they won't cross with the other two species you've got in the tank?

I'm full of questions today :lol:

Mark

vauxhallmark said:
So how big were they when you got them - and how big are they now? Have you had any breeding success with them yet? Can't say I know about them, have to look them up. Presumably they won't cross with the other two species you've got in the tank?
I'm full of questions today :lol:
Mark
They were not big, just over a cm and they are not much bigger now, its early days for the breeding yet, they are young shrimp, I read somewhere they start breeding at 5 months old so not really sure how old they were when I purchased them, so I will give it a few more months and see, if by January I see no breeding I will get the Cardinals their own tank.
The 3 species I got don't cross breed, but I am now limited to these 3, anything else I had now will either cross with the CRS or the Cherries, Sulawesi species to what I read on many sites don't cross, but I have seen proof elsewhere that proves otherwise.

JamesC said:
Beautiful. Great to see the fissedens doing so well.
James
Thanks James, its one beautifull moss :)

aaronnorth said:
would you want the lower grade CRS breeding with the higher grade ones? just thinking if you ever sold them on thats all ;)
Not really fussed about grading, just got some to see if I can breed them, if I ever got some grade SS or SSS I would setup their own tank, would be worth the investment.

LondonDragon said:
aaronnorth said:
would you want the lower grade CRS breeding with the higher grade ones? just thinking if you ever sold them on thats all ;)
Not really fussed about grading, just got some to see if I can breed them, if I ever got some grade SS or SSS I would setup their own tank, would be worth the investment.

i would hate for something to go wrong, i dred the thought :arghh: :arghh:

aaronnorth said:
i would hate for something to go wrong, i dred the thought :arghh: :arghh:
Yeah I know, was pretty peed off when I lost all my CRS over the summer during the heat wave and they only cost me £3.50 each!

Fred Dulley said:
Just curious mate, but how many Cherries did you start off with?
Got 14 myself, no breeding yet I'm afraid :?
I started with 20 in my main tank, they bred in there and managed to get about 25 to the shrimp tank when it was ready in June, there are well over 100 now.

Few more photos, today did a major prune of the tank while I was watching the boring draw of Sweden 0-0 Portugal this evening, which finished moments ago. Have quite a lot of Weeping moss growing spare and trying to decide what to do with the pile of Fissedens Fontanus that I have left too.

These series are all about cherry females carrying eggs:

pict0036nz6.jpg

pict0003gq6.jpg

pict0004bd0.jpg

pict0019vt9.jpg

pict0021yc7.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Back