• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

More females with eggs?! You really are trying to take over the world with a Cherry Shrimp Army, right? :lol:

Any full tank shots after the prune? ;)

Thomas McMillan said:
More females with eggs?! You really are trying to take over the world with a Cherry Shrimp Army, right? :lol:
Any full tank shots after the prune? ;)

I counted at least 16 cherry females with eggs today, and thats the ones I could see at the front of the tank hehe ;) I will get some full tank shots tomorrow once the water settles after the change and prune.

Here some more shrimp photos :p

pict0038ff8.jpg

pict0015rp2.jpg

pict0033hl2.jpg

pict0037dk1.jpg

Cherry Acrobatics!!
pict0025xo1.jpg

:) uploading a few more maybe I will post them too hehe

Thanks everyone :) here a few more LOL

Here how the tank looks after a big prune of the Weeping moss:
pict0070im2.jpg

Feeding time:
pict0123ee5.jpg

pict0124hy1.jpg

pict0125qb8.jpg

These shouldn't take too long to be born, you can noticed their eyes in the eggs:
pict0128tb0.jpg

"I feel over crowded in here, help me":
pict0137wv5.jpg

"Ok , I am making a run for it":
pict0138qi8.jpg

Thats all for now :)

Thomas McMillan said:
Soon the cherries will be overflowing over the water level and out of the tank!
LOL its not that bad, they were all at the front eating ;) Soon I will start selling a few cheap ;)

JAmesM said:
Paulo, is that o2 or co2 you're adding via the filters venturi?
Looking great mate, really healthy :)
Thanks James, its O2, I leave it on 24/7 ;) its good for the shrimp, specially the CRS.
There is no CO2 in this tank, no EasyCarbo and TPN+ only 5ml every two weeks.

Well was playing with my close up filters today so took a few more shots :)
No cropping in these photos, just a resize.

Close up of a cherry:
pict0177ps3.jpg

Another one similar:
pict0184wf9.jpg

Sulawesi Cardinal:
pict0170qs9.jpg

One more of the Cardinal:
pict0195vl3.jpg

Crytal Red Shrimp:
pict0160uf5.jpg

The 3 Species in the tank:
pict0194jn5.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Wow, I don't know if I'm more jealous of your shrimps, your camera, or your photographic skills!

Stunning pics - those Cardinals are looking great - you've had them a few weeks now. Did you have any losses? Are they still only 1cm? It's an amazing lens you're using if so - is it even more than macro?

Who's got eggs?

One last Q - how big were your Crystal Reds when they got eggs (and that one baby)? I reckon mine are about 16-20mm, including tail at the moment. they've been in the tank a month now. I bought six, but one died on the second day :arghh: . Now I've either got four or five (haven't seen five together, but haven't found another body), but some are beginning to look a little deeper bodied than others, so I'm hoping I've still got males and females. The bloody Amanos are always covered in eggs, but are too difficult for me to culture at the moment, so it's just a nice big free meal for the fish (and other shrimps I expect) every now and then. I haven't seen any eggs yet on the CRS, but your picture of them with eggs shows me what to look for. Their stripes are a bit more defined than your ones, so if I do get any offspring they can come to your shrimp heaven, and hopefully breed even faster.

Keep up the good work!

Your neighbour,

Mark

Many thanks guys, so far no more breeding news from the CRS or the Cardinals, the cherries keep on breeding, had my first trial run of sending shrimp via the post to SteveUK all went well and will soon offer more for sale if people want them.

Mark many thanks for your comments hehe I purchased 10 Cardinals and usually see 7 or 8 together at the same time, but so far haven't seen any dead, the CRS purchased 15 also never see more than 7 or 8 together but again haven't spotted any dead, I haven't seen the little CRS in a couple of weeks, but I haven't been looking, been getting home every day at around 10PM so haven't had much time for the tanks, just feeding and water changes.

I use my old Konica-Minolta 5D with a Tamron 90mm macro lens and some close up filters for the extremely close up shots, I don't crop the photos, just resize, apply some USM and play with the curves, also use an external flash unit most of the time used wirelessly above the tank.

The Cardinals are bigger now, close to 2cm so are the CRS, don't think they grow much bigger, from what I have read CRS and Cardinals start breeding at around 5 months old, so early days still ;)

Amanos are a totally different ball game, and don't have the time or patience to breed them ;)

Thanks everyone for looking and for your feedback, thats what keep me going most of the time :)

Just did a short video of the tank this weekend after the water change, don't know what happened to the quality of the video, after upload its became a little blurry.

Anyway here it is:

Thanks for looking.

Back