• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

Haven't posted anything here in a long time, I had some problems with the mosses in this tank, they started falling apart for some odd reason. Then I had some issues with the water becoming a little cloudy too, I have now fixed those issues and tank is looking good again and the mosses remaining are looking healthy. On the right side of the tank I am also cultivating Fissedins Fontanus, trying to make a wall of that, me and my walls! lol
This morning also spotted a couple of tiny CRS shrimplets, but at the same time a dead adult so will have to wait and see.

Some photos of what the tank looks like at present:

pict0163ey8.jpg

pict0171rr5.jpg

pict0181gc0.jpg

pict0191lo9.jpg

pict0211xp9.jpg

I was bored so here a couple of where the tank sits in the room:

pict0218ic9.jpg

pict0224id3.jpg

And on the other side Pixie was having a rest ;)

pict0232ip3.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

aaronnorth said:
bloody hell i didnt realise you had that many shrimp :wideyed: :wideyed:
I like the last picture :)
Hehehe and this is after I have shipped out around 300 to members of this forum.
As you can see Pixie was helping me out lol

Shame I lost my Cardinals, but that is not the end of me trying them, I will eventually set up another tank just for them.

George Farmer said:
Nice shots mate.
It's always interesting to see how folks' tanks fit into their living spaces.
Thanks George, a few members have posted similar shots including yourself so thought I would post some too :)

john starkey said:
HI Paulo,i absolutley love your dog,whats the breed called ? regards john.
Thanks John, its a Portuguese Podengo (smooth coat) :) more info here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1514

I have to admit, I preferred it before but if it wasn't working out then you gotta sort it ;) it's slowly growing on me though, at the end of the day this is just to keep and breed shrimp successfully so it don't matter what it looks like as long as it looks decent... which it does

Thanks guys :) I had 4 Bosemani fry in the tank and when catching them some shrimp went in the net, the adult bosemani took care of them in no time LOL so I always have a backup solution if no one wants them ;) lolol

Cheers guys, I didn't breed these one myself but I hope to breed them in the future :)

hellohefalump said:
nice shrimplets, what are the darker ones? Are they baby CRS (does the colour come later?)
Dark one are the original "CRS" or as they are best know Crystal Black Shrimp (CBS) they remain black. They can cross breed and some will breed both Red and Black.

It's journals like these that make me all the more tempted to set up my tank at work... just you wait until I get my first pay check, it's going to be carnage ;) (or maybe I'll be good and wait until I've submitted as I keep on saying I will!)

Not a lot to update here folks, I am still fighting the "milky" water battle here :bored: its been 3-4 months now and no sign of it going away, after a water change it looks clear then the next morning is back to "milk" again.
I have tried adding an extra filter, purigen, fine meshes, avoid touching the substrate, daily water changes, nothing as worked, I am thinking about tearing it down and replacing the Amazonia II substrate which is the only thing I can think of to try next!!!

I am going to do a water change today and then take some photos of how it looks at present. thanks for looking.

My milky water was down to me using dry (OK, mixed with water) trace mix from AE. Something to do with one of the ingredients, the chelator I think - I was advised (by this forum) to try a different trace mix and after switching to Tropica PN I've never had milky water since. Some water just doesn't like the 'cheaper' chelators used in some of the dry trace powder mixes.

nry said:
My milky water was down to me using dry (OK, mixed with water) trace mix from AE. Something to do with one of the ingredients, the chelator I think - I was advised (by this forum) to try a different trace mix and after switching to Tropica PN I've never had milky water since. Some water just doesn't like the 'cheaper' chelators used in some of the dry trace powder mixes.
I only dose TPN+ in this tank, no dry powders ;)

Forgive me if its already been answered as I flick through and have not read all of this YET!

Is there a how to guide anywhere on making a moss wall?

Does the moss wall collect a lot of debris.

Tank looks fantastic!!

Back