• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

glenn said:
what grade are the two shrimp in the first picture, ss?
They were sold as S, but I am not sure if they are! I haave a bit of a mix in this tank, S, A, and Low, both red and black. Just going to try and see if they breed first and separate later. I am not only keeping the really deep red cherries in this tank too to try and breed a better selection.

are you not worried about the cherrys bredding with the crystal reds and getting lower grade ofspring? or even with the blacks?

LondonDragon said:
Superman said:
and I bet he's sent a load too!
Yeah I have sold, gave away, exchanged well over 400 shrimp since December. I accept exchanges for stuff too!!

want any blyxa or weeping moss? :D

glenn said:
are you not worried about the cherrys bredding with the crystal reds and getting lower grade ofspring? or even with the blacks?
Cherries don't breed with Crystals, but the lower grade Crystals can breed with the higher grade and the crystal black too. I just want to breed them not really interested in grades at the moment, just managed to get them at a good price so went for it.
hijac said:
LondonDragon said:
Superman said:
want any blyxa or weeping moss? :D
How much weeping moss we talking about?? would be nice to recreate my moss wall now that I sorted the tank. cheers

aaronnorth said:
lol, the fissidens carpet is looking great too, not seen it done before.
Cheers, I have been growing that for about 4 months now, I couldn't use it as a carpet in the previous substrate as it would get covered in dust in no time so it was a high fissidens wall, now it looks great in the ground as a carpet :) Might give it a trim soon and expand it.

SteveUK said:
Ace mate! Lovely looking fissedens. Nice and crystal clear water too!
Cheers, I love fissidens, shame it grows very very slowly, but in turn is good for maintenance. Water never been so clear mate :) which is great for photography too now :)

Some macros I took this afternoon (couldn't get any of the higher grade CRS), cherries are my selective higher colour reds for the future generation, most are adult females:

pict0084u.jpg

pict0088l.jpg

pict0085w.jpg

pict0091v.jpg

pict0075k.jpg

pict0078c.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

JamesM said:
How is the breeding going with the crystals bud? I'll be having some of those off you asap! :D
I have had a few females carrying eggs in the past and have spotted CRS shrimplets in the tank, but the females seem to die just before they hatch, also never saw the shrimplets develop, but with all the problems I had in this tank not sure what might have caused it, I will now wait and see what happens with the new batch.

aaronnorth said:
nice pics Paulo.
Thanks Aaron :)

LondonDragon said:
JamesM said:
How is the breeding going with the crystals bud? I'll be having some of those off you asap! :D
I have had a few females carrying eggs in the past and have spotted CRS shrimplets in the tank, but the females seem to die just before they hatch, also never saw the shrimplets develop, but with all the problems I had in this tank not sure what might have caused it, I will now wait and see what happens with the new batch.
Coolies, good luck mate :)

cool! just watched the video and it lookes very nice, when the carpet fills out it should be excelent :) i never realised how much the shrimp 'zip' about :lol: and the flow looks brilliant judging by the plant movement :D

glenn said:
cool! just watched the video and it lookes very nice, when the carpet fills out it should be excelent :) i never realised how much the shrimp 'zip' about :lol: and the flow looks brilliant judging by the plant movement :D
Yeah most people say that, must be something in my water haha mine are always very active, there are only 15 CRS and 25 Cherries in this tank, keeping the numbers low to see if the CRS breed, I have another tank for the Cherries for the time being.

Tonser said:
Looking good Paulo - nice to get rid of the cloudiness huh ?
I think I might have to get some of those black & white shrimp - very cool 8)
Cheers
Tony
Thanks Tony, hopefully I can have some for members in a few months time ;)
I do like the black and white ones too :) Its great to have crystal clear water again, seems like I have a new tank! hehe

JamesM said:
Nice... early days yet, but have you noticed any improvements with plant growth?
Don't have many plants in this tank as you can see, the crypts have melted some of the leaves but that happened in my other tank when I took them out and replanted them, everything else is low demanding plants that grow slowly anyway so hard to tell.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! I wish I could keep shrimp for more than a couple of months. Major jealousy. :D

Dave.

Back