• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

aaronnorth said:
Awesome tanks & congrats on the CRS.
WHen using the external flash do yuo hold it above the tank? thanks.
Thanks Aaron, yep I place the external above the tank on wireless.

Just took some macros has one of the little CRS was right at the front of the tank, they don't look high grade at least not this one but its a start ;)

Spot the CRS (and not the dirty glass):
pict1139f.jpg

pict1166.jpg

pict1134.jpg

pict1151.jpg

Adult CRS:
pict1143d.jpg

Some of my adult Red Cherries:
pict1127.jpg

pict1129.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

saintly said:
you are king shrimp LD. what lens are you using or rather the focal length?
Thanks Mark, I am using the Tamron SP Di 90mm f2.8 Macro lens

Few more shots I took today how things stand, keep seeing just a single CRS shrimplet so not sure if its always the same one or if there are more in the tank, there are so many plants now that its hard to tell. I did see 4 at the same time once when they first appeared.

pict1304.jpg

pict1281.jpg

pict1287.jpg

pict1292.jpg

pict1297.jpg

pict1299.jpg

pict1302.jpg

As always I had help:

pict1277.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Hey, Fantastic Fissidens carpet, the shrimps clearly love it! I've seen some of my CRSs with eggs but I've never seen a baby, would be awsome if you could get them breeding! Is it possible to get higher grade babies than the parents? As mine are low end.

Regards, Tom

TBRO said:
Hey, Fantastic Fissidens carpet, the shrimps clearly love it! I've seen some of my CRSs with eggs but I've never seen a baby, would be awsome if you could get them breeding! Is it possible to get higher grade babies than the parents? As mine are low end.
Regards, Tom
Thanks Tom, the eggs will hatch and babies survive if temp is kept below 24ºC otherwise you will struggle. I am not sure about the grading of shrimplets but depends on their genetic structure I guess, if previous generations have been higher grades then maybe that can happen, but I am not sure about that. The shrimplets I have seen look grade A from grade S female and possible lower grade male.

saintly said:
looking smart paulo!
I'm always in envy of your moss
Thanks Mark, since changing the substrate is all going well, lets see how long that lasts ;)

JamesM said:
Looking ace Paulo! Just keeps getting better!
Thanks James :)

SteveUK said:
It's really looking nice mate. I take it the Nature Soil is doing well? Lovely Fissidens mate!
Thanks Steve, the naturesoil is holding well, but so did the Aquasoil for the first few months so only time will tell, but so far hppy with it. ;)

rawr said:
It's looking as great as ever! What's that small leaved plant in the substrate?
Thanks Thomas, the plant on the right is Staurogyne sp. ;) grows much better than in my high tech tank!

This is a great Journal Shrimp King. ;)

Do you run CO2 on this tank Paulo? And was you going to split up the CRS with the cherries.

Mine are breeding like mad on there own, i think there's about 10 adults, and 20 juvenilles and probably around 40 tiny ones too. :D

Back