• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp tank re done and some thanks as well

5teady

Seedling
I have now finished doing my shrimp tank, took me ages, added loads of moss, more bogwood and mossballs and moved it all about..

After seeing andlondons tank, i wanted to gove my shrimp a home like that and it inspired me to try my own...

Just want to say thanks to a couple of members off UK Aquatic plant society forum (arana) for the moss donations, and a big thankyou to dewery for moss and bogwood.

Also i want to say a big thanks to Andylondon for pointing me in the right direction of UAPS.

Here is the tank before.....

DSC01225.jpg

Here is the tank now (bit ott on moss lol)

DSC01316.jpg

DSC01317.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

Glad I could be of help hehe you know UKAPS is the place to be ;)
Like I told you before, the moss needs a bit of tidying up, other than that its a great start the shrimp will love the mosses ;)
Keep us posted :)

Thanks m8 :)

I have took the moss form the floor now, Just need to attach some moss to some slate now for the bed of the floor instead, and pack the sides and back with more plants

here is the pics now,

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01322.jpg

Night lights on (moonlights..)

DSC01319.jpg

spaldingaquatics said:
Hi, just looking at your snail stock, are they trumpet?

Yes :) i have trumpet snails and spixis in this tank.

The tank looks nice... and better with the moss cleared from the floor. If you want to get a large covering of moss you could try a moss wall...

a1Matt said:
The tank looks nice... and better with the moss cleared from the floor. If you want to get a large covering of moss you could try a moss wall...

How can i make a moss wall? (what would i need) i would like one for the back but dont think i have enough moss to do one lol

Buy this mesh kit from ebay and do it like I did in my tank ;)

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Moss-wall-Mesh-Live ... dZViewItem

This is how it looked in my shrimp tank before attaching moss:
pict0002oq3.jpg

If you haven't got enough to start with, it will grow and you just re do it until its full, thats what I did in my tank ;) Check my journal for the Rio 125 in my sig ;)

By the way I didn't sandwich the moss between two meshes I just attached it using cotton thread, it looks much better straight away and you can have a thinner layer ;)

LondonDragon said:
By the way I didn't sandwich the moss between two meshes I just attached it using cotton thread, it looks much better straight away and you can have a thinner layer

Why didn't I think of that! :wideyed:

I've got the same kit and used both peices and it doesn't look all that great, the thought of securing it to one piece is such a good idea! :D

spaldingaquatics said:
Why didn't I think of that! :wideyed:
I've got the same kit and used both peices and it doesn't look all that great, the thought of securing it to one piece is such a good idea! :D
Thats why we are here ;) to share and learn 8) 8) :lol:

Thanks for that LondonDragon, i will look further in to that :)

Back