• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp tank

mr. luke

The tank is cube shaped and holds 35l,
18w PC lighting (tried to upgrade but melted the hood :oops:)
Plants are a rendom miss match of everything i had to spare but once i can i will be using a single species of small leafed stem plant at the rear with crypts in the middle and a pellia carpet with mosses on branches (thats the plan ;))
Inhabitants are amano's,green lace shrimps,giant african fan shrimps,cherry shrimps, caridina cf. babaulti (sold as blue bees but not), another cf babaulti species, crystal red shrimps and tiger shrimps.
On the fishy front it has 4 ottos and on the snail front it has apple snails, 2 kinds of mts(love em') tadpoles and ramshorns as well as a few unknown species and the odd stray sulawesi snail although they are almost all in there new home ;)
Comments ad critics welcome, i have some pellia soaking too to remove any traces of copper, and im waiting until i have some more batteries as the shrimps will all swarm it once i add it :lol:
DSCF3815.jpg

DSCF3720.jpg

DSCF3761.jpg

DSCF3489.jpg

DSCF3481.jpg

DSCF3150.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0150.jpg

Did you paint those snails, or do they come like that? They look like you forgot to cover them with a dust-sheet while decorating.

scottturnbull said:
Did you paint those snails, or do they come like that? They look like you forgot to cover them with a dust-sheet while decorating.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the mix of all different shrimp in there :D

The only hybrids i seem to get are crs/tiger ones, they look a little dull but i dont mind :)

Thanks, i have seen one but i like both kinds so its not an issue for me :)
The hybrids stay in the tank, never moved on. And i seem to get relatively few (10 or so at any one time) so its not too bad :)

Back