• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Trap

Zeus.

Fertz Meister
Hi all,

With moving house soon I thought I would start getting the many RCS out of my 500L tank. So got old bubble bath bottle, after a many rinses, drill hole in lid bit of old slate to hold the bottom of tank, couple of large algae wafers/pellets and left it 24hrs

1610390696004.png

worked quite well, quite few more will be needed me thinks.

Last edited:
Hi all,

With moving house soon I thought I would start getting the many RCS out of my 500L tank. So got old bubble bath bottle, after a many rinses, drill hole in lid bit of old slate to hold the bottom of tank and left it 24hrs

View attachment 160417

worked quite well, quite few more will be needed me thinks.
Bet there is an army of them in there. 😂

Just an update, don't use large pieces of media/rock/slate to weigh the bottle down, I lost a few RCS in getting them out of bottle :eek:😭, going to revise my media to sand or gravel

You can use a large (2l) drinks bottle, cut in half and pop the top in the bottom inverted if that makes sense. Cut the lid off the bottle about 2 inches down the neck should be OK. Don't need anything to weight it down then either, plus with the larger hole you'll catch Amanos too.

You can use a large (2l) drinks bottle, cut in half and pop the top in the bottom inverted if that makes sense. Cut the lid off the bottle about 2 inches down the neck should be OK. Don't need anything to weight it down then either, plus with the larger hole you'll catch Amanos too
Like this (500ml coke bottle, but the same idea):
7243 - 13-December Shrimp Trap_small.jpg
7247 - 13-December Shrimp Trap.jpg

Just an update, don't use large pieces of media/rock/slate to weigh the bottle down, I lost a few RCS in getting them out of bottle :eek:😭, going to revise my media to sand or gravel

Strap the rock/weight to the outside of the bottle?

Back