• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sick Pygmy Cory

CalRed

Hello, I've had some pygmy cory for around a week or so. I've initially added 5 and noticed one was a bit of a loner for the most part. Now it looks as though he's showing signs of some sort of illness. Does anyone have any experience of this? Thinking he's probably not going to make it but just wondered if I should isolate him from the others. I've attached a photo of him and one of the healthy ones.
20220125_172616.jpg

It does look stressed but it's also bigger by the looks of things so might be a different shipment that hasn't been in captivity as long. More info as suggested above would be good and can we have a full tank shot please as I'm surprised you have them out in the open if they aren't happy, so worried it might just be lack of cover. The faded colours make it hard but one common reason for dwarf cories dying shortly after import is red blotch disease. I think it's just the lighting and the colouring of the fish but it's something worth reading up about anyway.

I had some arrive with flukes, before I had time to get meds. I lost 3 or 4. They were habrosus. It seems to be an illness they get quite commonly.

Back