• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Side glass is floating

Thank you guys for all the great input! So if I understand correctly, the verdict is that this tank is not safe for use?

Unfortunately yes I wouldn't use this tank. It is full of lots of different issues that on there own would give you a reason to be very unhappy with the build quality but together gives a real warning sign as to this companies fabrication ability.

I would focus on a refund and being in the EU I would be suprised if you didnt have good consumer rights. Escalate the issue to the CEO of the company with email or letter while you find your consumer help

In the uk we have a free service called citizen advice which can give help regarding your rights with purchases, when things go wrong. Hopefully you have something similar in Holland, would definitely be to your advantage to find out where you stand before speaking to the seller. It’s not fit for purpose In my opinion. Sorry for your misfortune and good luck 👍
Yes, we do and we don't, it's named Consumers Association you can contact for complaints... But in this case, if I'm correct it was purchased in Belgium that changes things because it's a different country with different laws. But even if it wasn't in the end, if it turns into a yes/no argument between seller and buyer what they will say is it's a civil Procedure. Then you need a lawyer etc. which costs will exceed the price of the item in question.

The best practice, in this case, is to use a service like PayPal as the middle man. Or another pay service that offers buyers protection with a money-back guarantee. And transfer the money as an official purchase and not as a private money transfer. Then if you receive an order that is not described as advertised or broken whatsoever. And there is no way the problem can be solved with the seller you can put Paypal on it. And they have a good name to protect, then if you have solid evidence then Paypal refunds the money and is responsible for the further legal action towards the seller.

I've had issues like this myself and got refunded without any further questions asked.

What could be another issue, lately I visited a website from a Dutch company that builds custom aquariums and they offer them in an impeccable state. But actually, do this very sneaky, and in the descriptions, they advertise it with "An aquarium should, of course, be perfect to the centimeter. You deserve nothing less! We can make it for you!. A statement like that already worries me... It should be perfect to the millimeter instead.

Thus if you order one and it's not perfect to the millimeter you can't say it ain't following the advertised description. Sneaky bastards...

Back