• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Silent Glass Diffuser Has Me Totally Confused???

Thrills24

Ok this is only my second thread but I've been in the hobby since 05 and have always considered the glass diffuser whistle a necessary (even though annoying) noise. I know there are other diffusers which run silently (up) but they require a certain amount of pressure and I bought my pressurized system without that capability.

Long story short I broke my diffuser during a recent clean and bought a replacement on ebay. It has been running silently for 2 weeks. I've let the diffuser get dirty expecting it to wistle at some point and so far nothing, not even a whisper. Completely and utterly silent and while I'm not here to push any brand or product I highly recommend this from one hobbyist to the next. I'm not sure about the rules on posting ebay links but this is a pic of the diffuser...

DIFF-FLO-ATTO%20(3)-498x498.jpg

I was stumped by this to, I have 2 of the same nano glass diffusers from the same place one has the whistle but the other one is silent bubble size / mist appears to be the same on both

I have 2 of these. But the larger ones. Mine are noisy (hissing). One which seems the ceramic is not sealed to the glass well and lets out bigher bubbles. And one that works great.

Ok so I'm not losing my mind here lol

This diffuser doesn't make a sound. No whistle not even a whisper. I think it's down to the size and thickness of the ceramic disck. Either way, if you'd prefer a whistle free glass diffuser than this is the way to go.

Back