• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Silver Lining - Alex's 96l (Planted)

fish.com1

Well, my rooms being decorated this weekend after a slight accident with some plant substrate and test solution...

So after it's done i will be able to set the tank up again, so i am now in the process of buying all equipment, after saving for what feels like half my life :rolleyes:

Anyway the specs are

Tank
80*30*40
96 litres, juwel rekord 96 (internal removed)

Filtration
2*Tetratec ex700 with eheim and tetra media
ebay glass lily pipes

Lighting
18w T8 juwel daylight tube
6 hours for first six weeks then rising to 8 hours

Heating
Hydor eth 200w
25c

Substrate
Oliver Knott Naturesoil normal and fine versions
tropic white sand

Fertilisers
DIY Tropica plant nutrition+ daily

C02
Most likely DIY liquid carbon

Hardscape
Seiryu Stone

Plants
Bolbitis Heudelotti
Eleocharis acicularis
Veriscularia dubyana

Maintenance
2 50% water changes every week for the first six weeks, then moving on to 1 25% water change each week

I have spent around 4 hours cleaning the tank and removing the filter etc this week. As i said i have just started to buy the equipment, and hopefully should get a delivery or two tomorrow :D.

Here is the cleaned tank
DSC03036.jpg

DSC03037.jpg

Excuse the england badge wallpaper :oops:

Thanks for looking
Alex

Re: Alex's 96l low light Iwagumi

:D

two deliveries today heres what came

Tetratec filters
DSC03043.jpg

Unboxed
DSC03060.jpg

Filter media
DSC03044.jpg

Aquascaping tool kit, dispenser bottles, storage containers, cleaning brushes and aqua ties
DSC03048.jpg

Inside tool kit
DSC03065.jpg

Digital timers from argos
DSC03051.jpg

seiryu stone
DSC03053.jpg

I'm excepting the external heater anytime soon also :)

cheers
Alex

It looks like your all set, i bet you can't wait! Get the paint brush out pal and hurry them along LOL

exciting times for you :)

word of warning - I bought some of the same timers from Argos and one of them worked fine for a few days then started switching erratically. Hopefully you will not have the same problems, but thought I would mention it so that you can keep an eye on it.

On the bright side I have a tetratec filter as well (ex1200) and love it :D

what brand is the aquascaping tools kit and where did you get it from?

Ahhh, new tank setup. That's the best bit!
Enjoy.
Thanks Clarke

Yeh, New tank setup. Great, its not the doing it that gets you its the waiting.

Patience is a virtue 'my a£$%e.

Steve

Cheers steve, I agree the waiting is the best part :)

Dan Crawford said:
It looks like your all set, i bet you can't wait! Get the paint brush out pal and hurry them along LOL
:lol:
Yeah i'm looking forward to it, i've been planning this since christmas!

It's all painted up, but the floors being fitted on tuesday :rolleyes: , so i'll have to wait a few more days
a1Matt said:
exciting times for you :)

word of warning - I bought some of the same timers from Argos and one of them worked fine for a few days then started switching erratically. Hopefully you will not have the same problems, but thought I would mention it so that you can keep an eye on it.

On the bright side I have a tetratec filter as well (ex1200) and love it :D

I bought the digital ones because the clockwork ones kept ticking loudly, so I hope these don't do the same :lol:

Good to hear about the filter :)
glenn said:
what brand is the aquascaping tools kit and where did you get it from?

It's made by aquarium gardening, and it's from aqua essentials

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=35

New tank nice :) looking good some far (equipment wise hehe) I have been using those timers for a while and they are fine, I have 6 of them and so far no problems, AE sells some which are identical.

LondonDragon said:
New tank nice :) looking good some far (equipment wise hehe) I have been using those timers for a while and they are fine, I have 6 of them and so far no problems, AE sells some which are identical.

Cheers Paulo, glad the timers are ok.

Just ordered the naturesoil and tropic white sand from aqua essentials. How are you finding the natuersoil Paulo, I know your using it in your shrimp tank :)

fish.com1 said:
Just ordered the naturesoil and tropic white sand from aqua essentials. How are you finding the natuersoil Paulo, I know your using it in your shrimp tank :)
So far so good, but I don't have much in terms of plants here, all low demanding and only dosing TPN+, so can't really compare, the fine version looks great though in terms of plants I could not say to be honest, and haven't done any tests to the water parameters.

Thanks Paulo.

The warehouse aquatics delivery came today. The hydor external heater and some hikari foods came in the parcel

External heater
DSC03153.jpg

Unboxed
DSC03246.jpg

Hikari foods
DSC03161.jpg

Thanks for taking a look :)
Alex

Well a bad day today, I went to raise funds for the tank at game, I took 9 games, three games for the playstation2 (need for speed carbon, juiced, star wars 3) and six for the wii (mario and sonic, ssx blur, simpsons, table tennis, battallion wars 2, fifa 08), to trade them in for cash. I got offered a measley £25 for them all! :twisted: I was hoping for double that at least, so I told them (in my head :lol: ) to naff off! I'll try and sell them at school, I know i'll make more than £25 there :rolleyes:

And to follow that, the naturesoil and sand had come today, but no-one was in to sign for them :( , so were going to collect them tomorrow from the post office.

Turned out it was the lily pipes that we missed yesterday so went this morning to collect them from the post office. Then when I got back the Naturesoil and sand had arrived :)

Lily pipes - inflow

DSC03311.jpg

Lily pipes - outflow

DSC03313.jpg

DSC03314.jpg

Naturesoil in 10lnormal and 3l fine versions

DSC03322.jpg

Tropic white sand 9kg

DSC03323.jpg

Oh and i forgot to mention yesterday, my rooms finished so me, the tank and the equipment are all moved back in :)
The lino was fitted on tuesday (bargain, only £13.99 a square metre!) and i moved back in on tuesday evening.
Heres some photos of my room if anyones intrested:

Bed
DSC03299.jpg

Desk
DSC03300.jpg

Door
DSC03301.jpg

Tanks, Tv
DSC03302.jpg

I need to wash the sand and scrub the rocks, so hopefully tomorrow i will get the tank set up with hardscape :D

Thanks for looking
Alex

Hey Alex, Nice setup so far, I am curious as to why you went with 2 TTEX700 instead of one TTEX1200.
Regards to the game trading, Game offer mere peanuts for trade-ins, in my experience Computer exchange (CEX) are far more generous than any other retailer, and you can get prices online so your not disappointed at the store.
I'm a big fan of iwagumi and I can't wait to see this one up and running.
All the best!

Vito

Looks really good, I bet you can't wait to start! Can't believe thats a boys bedroom though - its tidier than mine!!!

Vito said:
Hey Alex, Nice setup so far, I am curious as to why you went with 2 TTEX700 instead of one TTEX1200.
Regards to the game trading, Game offer mere peanuts for trade-ins, in my experience Computer exchange (CEX) are far more generous than any other retailer, and you can get prices online so your not disappointed at the store.
I'm a big fan of iwagumi and I can't wait to see this one up and running.
All the best!

Vito

Hi Vito

I went for the 2 ex700's because the ex1200 just wouldn't fit in the cabinet, and if one failed at least there is another to keep the tank running :)

Thanks for the advice on the trade-ins, i'll have a look at Computer exchange :)

Lisa_Perry75 said:
Looks really good, I bet you can't wait to start! Can't believe thats a boys bedroom though - its tidier than mine!!!

Thanks Lisa, it's not so tidy now, :rolleyes: theres boxes, rocks and lots of random fishkeeping gear chucked all over the place:lol:

George Farmer said:
I just noticed the open PFK on your desk... Nice one!

I'm looking forward to seeing this one progress. :D

Cheers George :) shame to see the great planted tank series ending, it was a great read :)

I'll hopefully be setting up with substrate and hardscape tomorrow, can't wait :D

Cheers
Alex

Back