• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Single Gauge CO2 Regulator

Its OK, however there are two disadvantages to that one, first it only has one gauge which measures the cylinder pressure and its useful to have a second gauge to measure the pressure in the reg. Also and more importantly it doesn't have a needle value, which is critical as it allows very fine adjustments of the injection rate.

This would be better.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wave-Twin-Nano-Me ... 1|294%3A30

Sam

Themuleous said:
Also and more importantly it doesn't have a needle value, which is critical as it allows very fine adjustments of the injection rate.

Sam

If i not mistaken the needle value is operated the by the yellow knob on the end of the reg. if it hasn't as soon as you open the tap on top of the bottle or FE and the solenoid valve is open all the gas within the said equipement will be dumped into the tank. As sam stated you do not know what the delivery pressure is going into solenoid valve / diffuser or reactor and tank - but thats not a big issue are you are counting bps not monitoring pressure. If you require comformation that the reg has a needle valve, send the seller an email enquiring if it has a needle value.

Regards
Paul.

I don't think that yellow knob is a needle value, the add says cylinder pressure? I've not see one of these regs (perhaps someone who has can clarify?) but on most regs that knob is to change the reg pressure i.e. to reduce the cylinder pressure from 50bar to 1 to 4 bar. The needle value then reduces that 1 to 4 bar to a given bubble rate.

If you did want to use that reg you could use this needle value.

http://www.thegreenmachineaquatics.com/ ... ap%20Valve

Sam

Hmm thanks for the replies, I think I will go with the recommendation at STM, will just check it fits JBL and stick with that, sounds like a lot less hassle.

Checked some comments on ebay, states it is not a needle valve, then it is not a cheap alternative cos it needs additional parts!

I don't think that yellow knob is a needle value, the add says cylinder pressure? I've not see one of these regs (perhaps someone who has can clarify?) but on most regs that knob is to change the reg pressure i.e. to reduce the cylinder pressure from 50bar to 1 to 4 bar. The needle value then reduces that 1 to 4 bar to a given bubble rate.

Correctamundo.
Don't buy that reg, it's useless and rubbish talking from experience!

Bought the one recommended by Sam, came really quick, virtually next day, great service by STM and they checked it fit my current jbl bottle.

All installed and running very nicely.

Thanks all!! :p

Back