• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sintra - Emersed Aquascape on the garden

ghostsword

Old Juwel 120L repurposed and placed on the garden, to try an emersed aquascape.

This was my first proper tank, and have had at two scapes on IAPLC. The tank was going good, until the jbl e1500 stopped working, a close inspection lead me to see that the impeler had broken.

I ordered one online and turned the filter off, put the media outside, and let the pipes dangling at the back. I thought that I had it all turned off, but there was a small leak on the inlet and some water got on the floor. The cabinet got water damaged overnight.

Without wanting to risk the tank cabinet collapsing, I turned it all off, called my brother to come and get some fish, and distributed the other fish through my tanks.

The plants I bagged.

Today I cleaned up the tank, and put it on the garden, as the substrate was Ebi gold, I added some ADA amazonia, reused some rocks and planted what I could, covered with clingfilm and it is now outside waiting for the plants to adapt to emersed life.

Some pictures of the progress:
7747633712_d480635a3a.jpg
Untitled by GHOSTSWORD, on Flickr

7747639940_a4899a160e.jpg
Sintra by GHOSTSWORD, on Flickr

7747654422_4f12391b69.jpg

7747656568_a61d294bd1.jpg

The weather has been not as good as the previous years, so the plants just stagnated.. They grew a bit, but nothing rampant..

The Crypt is growing nicely emersed, so will be good to see if a flower appears..

End of September the tank is coming in the house and will get lots of light and heat, and hopefully the plants will blossom.

This is a video taken this morning..

cool scape and ideas, what will you do in the autumn, as tanks don't do well outdoors in the uk over winter. And even some Acrylic tanks cannot withstand the british winter.

Back