• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

SkaleyAquatics "Practice Tank"

SkaleyAquatics

Hello all,

So with the inspiration of following @GreggZ tank I have decided to post my own journey from this point moving forward. This will follow my 10 gallon (40l) planted practice tank, until I upgrade to something bigger in the future.
20220424_170142.jpg

This was taken yesterday, shortly after a water change and "officially" switched to EI.
Thanks to Greggz for his fertilizer file I have filled in the information that I know currently.
image.png.e2f26cd69382c61cb708fe0ebe5fddaa.png

The buce has only been in the tank for a week, and still needs time to convert from emersed growth. Currently I am only happy with the AR mini and Hygrophila 53B but am being patient with the rest. The Rotala Wallichii is also a new addition to this tank as it was also added about a week ago.

So a little update, but I was checking out the tank today and noticed an outbreak of brown diatoms, specifically on the lobelia cardinalis and buce hades. I am thinking this is due to a change of the source of my RO water. The other thought was a possible buildup of PO4. Once I go through this RO water I will switch back to my old source.

20220516_204327.jpg
20220516_204332.jpg
20220516_204338.jpg 20220516_204341.jpg

What happened to the Wallichii? Noted that you bought them in submersed form - if your tank parameters are very different from the seller's tank the Wallichiis might not be happy but even if they stunt, you can leave them in stunted form and they should eventually grow sideshoots that adapt to the new tank parameters?

What happened to the Wallichii? Noted that you bought them in submersed form - if your tank parameters are very different from the seller's tank the Wallichiis might not be happy but even if they stunt, you can leave them in stunted form and they should eventually grow sideshoots that adapt to the new tank parameters?
I took it out as the new growth had longer internodes and was not happy with how that looked.

Back