• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Skinz180189's 60L Budget Tropical Tank *Now Planted!* (56K)

davidcmadrid said:
experimental tank at 6WPG with no algae in 6 weeks.

that's not high light :lol: i've got 10.7WPG with no algae! 8) ....good to see another light obsessed person. bahh...low light :D

saintly said:
davidcmadrid said:
experimental tank at 6WPG with no algae in 6 weeks.

that's not high light :lol: i've got 10.7WPG with no algae! 8) ....good to see another light obsessed person. bahh...low light :D

Given that tank went from about .5 WPG to 6 to me its experimental. :D I have white stones in it too in order to see any algae growth early on :D Biggest problem is keeping up especially with trace which i have been steadilly increasing.

my tip for java moss is to keep it trimmed to 1cm growths for a few weeks/months until its nicely filled out to let it anchor really well and then let it grow, will be the bushiest thing youv ever seen :p

The molly fry have disappeared :(. Set them loose yesterday, no problems from the larger mollies, woke up this morning and I can't find them at all. Guess they've died/been eaten :(.

Anyway, I've been to the fish shop, and got 3 male and 6 female guppies! Plus I got 8 pieces of Spiral Vallis for £2. I'll sort the Java Moss out this afternoon then get some pictures up. Personally I really like my current new layout, hopefully the moss will add to it nicely.

Pictures as promised...

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg

DSC_0280.jpg

Excuse the murkiness, the fert solution has caused that.

Only used half the moss I got, thing I bought a bit too much!

Molly fry are definitely gone unfortunately, but one of the females has been getting fatter and fatter the past few weeks, so maybe some more are on their way.

Think I got the fluval u2 in just in time! Currently got both filters in (for the fluval media to mature), but that elite was a state after 5-6 weeks of being running. Gave it a full strip down clean, and there was waste everywhere inside.

Growth wise, the large ferns seem to have shot upwards compared to last weeks photos, and I think the Vals have grown a bit too. Everything else is plodding along, and I'm still waiting on my wisteria.

Running the risk of seeming crass but, surely you could have picked up an external for the same money as a u2? They were £60 in the holybush, I paid that for my ex1200!

Water Wisteria is in. Wasn't much room though, think it may kill off some of the ferns.

28072009343.jpg

Notice both filters in. Cheapo stingray filter will be out in a couple of weeks.

Think I'm going to leave the Wisteria in there to keep it alive, then transfer it all to the breeder tank once that's set up and ready for planting.

Only 3 pieces of Wisteria are surviving, and I've decided it's staying. Guppies like to swim in and out of it, plus it's somewhere for any fry to hide before I can catch them. May move it left though, seems to dominate the tank with being central. Now running the Fluval Filter only (added an extra dose of cycle for good measure.)

DSC_0289.jpg

Excuse the water marks, I'd just done a change.

Back