• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Slapdash - 120l

skinz180189

I've finally stepped up from my old 60l into a Juwel Rekord 120 I've had sat in the garage for a year. Basically, I transferred what was left of the 60l into the 120l. Slapdash is the name as there's no real thought or aquascaping, just want a natural looking and relatively carefree tank.

So you'll be wanting some information;

Lighting - Standard Juwel 30w "DayLight" Tube (I really need a bit more light TBH, just not sure how to go about it)
Filtration - 1x TetraTec External 1200lph (very noisy, not great for a bedroom)
Heating - Eheim Jager Internal 150w
Substrate - JBL aquabasis mixed with black gravel from my old 40l, light gravel from the 60l and that came with this tank
Ferts/Co2 - Tropica Plant Nutrition +, Home mixed KNO3 solution & EasyCarbo

Plants - Hygrophila difformis (water wisteria), Echinodorus bleheri, Cryptocoryne becketti "petchii", Java moss & 2 moss balls

Fish - Currently a male & female guppy, 2 black dalmation mollies (male & female) and 3 juvenile white dalmation mollies. They are just survivors from the 60l, I'll be stocking the tank up in the coming weeks.

So a few pictures...
DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

This is never going to be one of the beautifully scaped tanks, but I'm happy to take pointers on lighting/ferts/plant care. The scaping I'm not massively bothered about (blasphemy on such a forum I know!)

ALt81 said:
Strange that your ex1200 is very noisy. I have two of these running on my tank and both are really quiet o_O o_O

I aggree my EX1200 ran very quiet for 2 years untill the impeller broke, might be worth checking yours out or contacting TetraTec about it ;)

skinz180189 said:
Well it's too loud to sleep with anyway, can be heard from a good few metres away very clearly. I'd contact them but I've had it sat in the loft a year waiting to be used.

They come with a two or three year guarantee the filters mate

Tank seems to be growing quite nicely...
5266164861_ee695244c8_z.jpg

5266774204_94f969e8b2_z.jpg

5266776014_b85b881e7e_z.jpg

5266170925_41c283ac99_z.jpg

Having a battle in the moss with hair algae, so have lowered the ferts a bit to try and combat that. Also the snail population are decimating my plants.

Tank is now home to 6 Dwarf Rainbows, 2 Three Spot Gouramis, A Bristlenose & Albino Bristlenose Pleco, Various Dalmation Mollies, 1 Guppy and 2 Assassin Snails.
I've also got a bit of Amazon Frogbit floating around up top now for the Gouramis.

Back