• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Slow forums

Nick potts

I know this has probably been asked before, but the forums seem especially quiet lately. Not just this one, but a few of the reefing ones I frequent also.

Is this all down to FB, YT and other social media platforms?

I am a member of lots of FB groups, bands, etc, but I don't know why, they just don't feel the same as a forum, even if they are very busy.

Sign of the times I suppose.

I’m by no means an expert, but some of the advice I read people giving others on the FB groups is terrible, way off the mark. I always use this forum for advice, but it’s almost a victim of its own success as the historical threadS hold such a wealth of knowledge that I rarely feel the need to post anything new!

We could all just not respond to this thread...😂
I’m on flicker and many of the groups there have had no active contribution to discussion threads for several years.

😂🤣😂

I've not used flickr in years, didn't even know they had message boards :)

I’m by no means an expert, but some of the advice I read people giving others on the FB groups is terrible, way off the mark. I always use this forum for advice, but it’s almost a victim of its own success as the historical threadS hold such a wealth of knowledge that I rarely feel the need to post anything new!

That's one of the reasons I think i dislike FB etc, some great advice but lots of terrible advice, and if you try and correct or dare say anything that disagrees you just get an earful.

The facebook groups are not really a community. I dont know any users there by name. Even though I've only been active here for a short period (after years of absense after having been active a short period) I already recognise some of the names, know which people are experts on what areas and so on. Facebook is nice to scroll past some nice scape pics, but the journals on this forum provide so much more. But yeah, it is a sign of the times that activity here gets a bit less. Hopefully just a phase :)

Not much content on here sometimes bit its all very good and great advice and help given. I am not on social media but i image thats why the forum is quiet.

The members on here are very helpful and polite and go out there way to help each other out i dont think you will get that on FB etc.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I absolutely hate FB for many reasons and do not have an account on there, UKaps is great and I am enjoying being part of this community of crazy like minded folk :) Some of the topics make my mind implode but the articles, journals are there to read and the people on here are so generous with their time and knowledge :)

I have a FB account, but only as a sort of placeholder to urge people who are looking for me to email instead (unfortunately only two ever have done!). I refuse to use it for the reasons mentioned by others, it does my head in every time I take a peek. Sadly it's the centre of the world to the lowest common denominator. I miss the days when the Net was all forums and blogs...actually I miss the really old days when USEnet and IRC ruled everything, and if you weren't good with computers you weren't going to be able to do much online- but that's the geek in me showing.

I will support forums until there are no more forums to support!

Back