Slow Loading

I've been having this problem for several months now, the Aqua Essentials site just loads so slow for me. Does anyone else have this problem?

I don't mean to be a moaner but it's just quite annoying. :D I don't know what it could be, because I've visited a few sites that use the same eCommerce script as you and it's not as slow. You do sell a lot of products though so maybe it's just the size of your site? I dunno.

It's a shame because I go to your site daily just to check for new products, check out the plants, wood etc and it just puts me off visiting a bit because I have to wait for it to load. :wideyed:

JamesM

Its Zen Cart... I remember reading about this when I was designing a store for a friend. I'll try looking though my bookmarks later to see if I can find the info...

Yeah, it's Zen Cart but that shoulnd't be why it's loading so slow should it? I know several sites that use Zen Cart but they aren't as slow loading, that's why I put it down to the sheer amount of products that AE sells (which isn't a bad thing, hah).

I dunno, I just get so frustrated. :rolleyes:

Aqua Essentials

Sponsor
Staff member
It is slow for sure - frustrating I know and also a deterrent

It's been caused by a variety of factors, including our hosts who haven't been honest with us

We're moving to a dedicated server shortly so it should be uber quick

In the meantime, try to bare with us but it is a priority