Small 16mm lilly pipes.

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by Garuf, 24 Nov 2008.

1. Garuf

Garuf Member

Hello, does anyone know where I can find some 16mm lilly pipes that are smaller in length than the standard ones?
    My tank is 60x30x30 and all the lillys I can find are much too long, this isn't a problem on the out take but on the intake it means that I'd have anything up to 15cm sticking above the tanks rim.
    I'd use the filter inlet that came with the ex1200 but even this is too long and by some. :rolleyes:
    Anyone seen anything?

2. a1Matt

a1Matt Member

Hacksaw? :twisted:

3. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

I don't know of any? I have the CalAqua 16mm set and that would be too big, try the CalAqua nano ones and use a reducer on your filter hose. I have two sets from TGM and they are top quality ;)

4. Garuf

Garuf Member

I've got a set of those, they're too short. The set I'm using atm are the normal 13mm pm ones and they as good as kill the flow. I've thought about opening them out with a file but I don't know if that's even possible.

5. Garuf

Garuf Member

I probably should have mentioned I'm already using a reducer and I'm finding that it paired with the smaller lilly's hinders flow enough to annoy the hell out of me.

6. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

Yeah thats fair mate, lilly pipes really do hinder the flow intake. I have some of the AquaticMagic ones with the ball on the end, that's coming off when i get a minute, just an experiment.

7. Garuf

Garuf Member

I'm going to try and get some emery files tomorrow and see if I can open out the lillys opening and possibly even put a few more slots in. Anything to help really.

8. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Do you mean the intake Garuf? If not, attacking it with sand paper will probably make it a bit ugly.

9. Garuf

Garuf Member

I do mean the intake, the plan is to open them up with emery board and to see if I can add any additional holes to aid flow.

You'd think they'd just make them with vertical slits all the way round and most of the way along. :rolleyes:

10. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

11. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

They're only 12mm, I think Gareth has tried stepping down to 12mm and it reduces the flow too much...