• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

small custom tank needed

You could try ND Aquatics. I have not used them personally as I live in Aberdeen, the tank price was good, but the shipping was too expensive. They are in Hertford and you appear to be in Watford, so pretty close to you. They seem to have a good reputation from what I have read online.

http://ndaquatics.co.uk

That's indeed not a typical aquarium size, then you say nothing fancy and cheap. But those off standard sizes are usualy only offered by the fancy pancy. So if you find it, it probably will have a fancy pancy price tag.. Or you need to find an aquarium builder, building it for you.. Or just build your own, it aint as difficult as seems and in those small dimensions even less difficult.

I would combine both techniques, use the first video as guide (is the strongest and easiest, bottom panel inside) and apply masking tape as in the second video to prevent smearing kit where you do not need it. Easypeasy to build some fancy pancy.. ;)

The glass you need is 4mm blank floated which also is relatively cheap.. The Bison glass silicon kit is perfect for aquarium and available in almost every hardware store.

The regular aquarium industry is for what ever reason still stuck into Dutch style aquarium sizes, higher or same hiegth as width. Only special brands offer off sizes for special prices..

Tho 20 cm high if very often used in the turtle tank, so visiting the reptile/amfibian corner you might find some there. But where i come from, those reptile tanks are more expensive than aquariums.

Last edited:
Are you still running your 90cm setup from NA?
(enjoyed it's journal :thumbup: )

I would check out ND Aquatics, I have a large custom size from them and it was cheaper than most standard sizes from else where. Really depends on your budget

Hi guys, thanks for all the advice, all seem great solutions, in keen to build one but I don't know where to buy the glass, any suggestions?

Are you still running your 90cm setup from NA?
(enjoyed it's journal :thumbup: )
Sold the tank about 3 months ago as I had no time for maintenance once I had a child

Back