• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Small Eheim pump; fish killer?

aquacoen

For better co2 distribution in my tank I'm looking for a small pump for some extra flow. It needs to be as small as possible so I can hide it behind some driftwood.

I also considered buying an active skimmer but these are all too big.

Eheim has some nice small pumps but I read something about fish getting trapped in the intake of the pumps due to the big suction power.

Do you guys have experience with this Eheim Compact 300; is it save for fish? I like it's small size..
EHEIM-compact-300.jpg

This Eheim CompactON 300 is safer option for my fish but it's a lot bigger..:
eh1-compacton300-500x500.jpg

Does anyone have experience with one of these, or maybe an other good option?
Thanks,

Hi
U can use elastic bands and attach small coarse foam pad on the intake side to eliminate fish being trapped there.U will have to clean it weakly tho
Regards Konsa

Ok, so I bought the compactON 300. The amount of flow is exactly what I'm looking for and I really like it's small size...
eheim-anschluss-set-4009800-ersatzteil_600x600@2x.jpg

I also bought this Eheim connector kit and it works really well in adjusting the flow...

The only problem is the humming noise this pump makes. It's not loud but for me it's too much. I can feel the pump vibrate underwater, not sure my fish will like this.. For now I'll install a digital timer so It only runs at night and when my CO2 is on.

Hope it can make a difference in fighting BBA :stop:

If anyone can recommand a skimmer or small pump that is dead silent I would really like to know ;)

Back