• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Small filter 40l tank

john arnold

Hello

Any recomendations for small canister filter for 40/50l aquarium..thinking of oase filtosmart thermo 100 ..but if anyone knows of something cheaper thats good?

I like the Fluval U range and the U3 would be ideal for your tank,depending on the depth,what I like the motor is at the bottom so no real worries about evaporation and you have settings for all levels from surface to just above substrate, I always take them out for maintenance,media or impellor clean but it can be done in situ by opening top lid and removing media with filter in place if your just cleaning/changing media,ideally at water change

Last edited:
I like the Fluval U range and the U3 would be ideal for your tank,depending on the depth,what I like the motor is at the bottom so no real worries about evaporation and you have settings for all levels from surface to just above substrate, I always take them out for maintenance,media or impellor clean but it can be done in situ by opening top lid and removing media with filter in place if your just cleaning/changing media,ideally at water change
Ok cheers ill check it out

Oh no i want a external canister filter..don't want the mess of internsl

Hi
Tetratec ex600 or ex800( if planning lots of hardscape) will be good filter for 40l tank and they very silent too.I run few for the last 10 years and still going strong.
Regards Konsa

Hi
Tetratec ex600 or ex800( if planning lots of hardscape) will be good filter for 40l tank and they very silent too.I run few for the last 10 years and still going strong.
Regards Konsa
Hello

Yeah i see them and am interested but as its an aquascape id like one with integrated heater so bit undecided still as ive done i bit of the hardscape and there is no room for heater really unless i change it..oh well...i think its gonna be the oase one..i have an oase 350 on my other tank and had no problems apart from the theowing out out of bubbled now and then but that doesnt wrry me

Hello

Yeah i see them and am interested but as its an aquascape id like one with integrated heater so bit undecided still as ive done i bit of the hardscape and there is no room for heater really unless i change it..oh well...i think its gonna be the oase one..i have an oase 350 on my other tank and had no problems apart from the theowing out out of bubbled now and then but that doesnt wrry me

You could always use an inline heater - i.e one that fits onto the external filter pipe.
Just an idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could always use an inline heater - i.e one that fits onto the external filter pipe.
Just an idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey

It’s ok I ended up getting an oase filtosmart thermo 100 which has built in heater. Nice little filter

Back