• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Small fish combos in the planted tank

Kingyfish1

What small fish combinations are you favorite against a lush green planted tank.
I'm thinking about

Ember tetra with cardinal tetra
Or cardinal tetra with golden barb

What's your favourite?

Golden Barbs givea real interest as they move all over the tank and when coloured up look great often ignored because in the shops can look a bit faded.Glowlights Black Neons Diamond and Lemon Tetras

I quite like an ugly duckling tetra with a standout more showy species. Diamond tetra look nothing in shops but mature into a beautiful fish. Cardinals are obviously a more classic species and hard to beat.

Reed tetra with black phantoms looks nice and I'm considering flame tetra as well now because they can look great when mature.

I think species that live at different levels show things off nicely.

I second Green neons and embers currently have these.
Also kerri blue emperor tetras are very nice

Attachments

• 20201104_184758.jpg
    20201104_184758.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 123
Just to throw some other options out there, Green Neon Rasbora (Microdevario Kubotai) look great despite being green (though they have a lovely petroleum blue shimmer across their backs), and the dwarf Corydoras species (Habrosus being my pick) look great in a planted tank foraging in amongst the plants.

For me personally though, watching a decent sized shoal of nicely coloured up Chilli Rasbora darting their way through the stems together is hard to beat.

Last edited:
If I had a big tank, I would have green neon tetras with either hockeystick pencilfish, or threadfin rainbows. I think it' nice to have fish that school with different behaviours, I'd be fascinated to see a good number of them together.

Back