Small prob with FX5

Discussion in 'Filters, Filtration and Pumps' started by KeithS, 20 Jul 2008.

1. KeithS

KeithS Newly Registered

Hi all
    Got myself a FX5 for my osaka 320 but finding a small problem with it.
    At about 9 pm every night I get a very fine mist comeing out of the outflow
    and you can hear a lot of trapped air in the canister. Think this must be co2 which
    is somehow building up in the canister because when I get up in the morning everything is running fine again.CO2 is switched of at night about 11pm, it also enters the tank by a external reactor via a seperate filter.The fine mist is not a problem rather like the effect you would get with a diffuser only better I think, has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you solve it as im a bit worried about the filters motor.

2. Garuf

Garuf Member

This is a design feature of the filter, It's trapped air escaping, what the filter does is pause allowing the bubbles to rise to the top of the filter these are then ejected when the filter restarts, the filter does this either every 12 or 24 hours I can't remember.
    It's not really a problem at all it's a sure sign the filter is working as designed I would imagine. :lol:

3. ceg4048

ceg4048 Expert/Global Moderator Staff Member

Hi,
    Check the users manual. I believe the filter is programmed to perform a purge of trapped air every 24 hours.

Cheers,

4. spaldingaquatics

spaldingaquatics Member

As has been said the FX5 does this as a matter of design, no part of the filter is at risk. :D

5. KeithS

KeithS Newly Registered

Hi
    Thanks guys but not quite sure that this is what is happening as my pump turns off to self purge at about 10 in the morning.Maybe I should have said that the fine spray of bubbles also seems to last well into the early hours of the morning.Gues I will just have to monitor the situation for a while.

Keith

6. KeithS

KeithS Newly Registered