• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Small prob with FX5

KeithS

Seedling
Hi all
Got myself a FX5 for my osaka 320 but finding a small problem with it.
At about 9 pm every night I get a very fine mist comeing out of the outflow
and you can hear a lot of trapped air in the canister. Think this must be co2 which
is somehow building up in the canister because when I get up in the morning everything is running fine again.CO2 is switched of at night about 11pm, it also enters the tank by a external reactor via a seperate filter.The fine mist is not a problem rather like the effect you would get with a diffuser only better I think, has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you solve it as im a bit worried about the filters motor.

This is a design feature of the filter, It's trapped air escaping, what the filter does is pause allowing the bubbles to rise to the top of the filter these are then ejected when the filter restarts, the filter does this either every 12 or 24 hours I can't remember.
It's not really a problem at all it's a sure sign the filter is working as designed I would imagine. :lol:

Hi,
Check the users manual. I believe the filter is programmed to perform a purge of trapped air every 24 hours.

Cheers,

KeithS said:
The fine mist is not a problem rather like the effect you would get with a diffuser only better I think, has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you solve it as im a bit worried about the filters motor.

As has been said the FX5 does this as a matter of design, no part of the filter is at risk. :D

Hi
Thanks guys but not quite sure that this is what is happening as my pump turns off to self purge at about 10 in the morning.Maybe I should have said that the fine spray of bubbles also seems to last well into the early hours of the morning.Gues I will just have to monitor the situation for a while.

Keith

Back