• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Smallest Circulation pump

whitey

Seedling
Hi all.

I need possibly smallest circulation pump. Could you give me some advice/links. please? Thanks in advance.

Hydor koralia nano is pretty small and gives 900lph, I use a koralia 1 (next model up, giving 1500lph) with a tetratec ex1200 in a 120l tank and it gives excellent circulation.

smallest per size
don't want to stick ugly big black egg in font of tank :)

Could you find a way of having the pump outside the tank? I.e. in the cabinet? I've got an eheim compact +3000 running a 'closed loop' on my 4ft, you just need some tubing and spare intake and outtake, both of which in my case are glass :) It sucks in water and pump sit back out again around the tank , works a treat.

Sam

that will be the best option, but the eheim +3000 is bloooody expensive £50(!) is there any similar pump around £20?
Cheers

whitey said:
that will be the best option, but the eheim +3000 is bloooody expensive £50(!) is there any similar pump around £20?
Cheers

Ive tried to find one for myself before now, that, like the eheim allows for 2 tubes to be attatched, all i seem to find is the one for the outflow, and not an intake.
I think im going with the koralia nano powerhead for my 35litre.

Adam

AdAndrews said:
whitey said:
Cheers

Ive tried to find one for myself before now, that, like the eheim allows for 2 tubes to be attatched, all i seem to find is the one for the outflow, and not an intake.
I think im going with the koralia nano powerhead for my 35litre.

Adam
on the smaller models (compact) like the 1000 the intake is a small grill so you cant add tubing on, whereas the outtake is fine to fit 16mm tubing on i believe. The bigger models such as the 3000 does away with the intake grill i believe.

I have just purchased a hydor seltz L30, they are suitable for the job, quiet, reasonably prices and can be turned down from what i hear...

Sadly No, they don't.
I might use one of the ones i have from a fountain, for the pico comp for circulation

Back