• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Smallest reg?

Fred Dulley

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2007
Messages
558
Location
Cardiff, Wales
Looks as though it should fit a FE.
£11.95 to find out...I'm quite tempted...I'll wait to hear other views on it though.
 

Nick16

Member
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Messages
1,761
Location
Surrey, UK
Themuleous said:
They even do a version with a cylinder gauge! You'd need an inline needle valve to use it but still probably works out loads cheaper than a 'normal' reg.

Sam


why would you need an inline valve? - what is it?

surely if it has a soleniod, you would have to plug it in to the mian electrisity, but it doesnt show any cables in the picture???

Fred Dulley said:
By looking at them, they do appear to be too small.
This should work though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Pressure-Regu ... .m14.l1262

by the time you add on the postage it will be quite a lot of ££££ :?
 

GHNelson

Global Moderator
Staff member
Joined
14 Dec 2008
Messages
4,872
Location
Hemel Hempstead
Hi All
Free postage with this regulator.
There's a open and close valve on it, maybe its quite precise as its made for the planted aquarium.
I ordered 1 so we will see. I've got a spare needle valve anyway so cant envisage any problems.
hoggie
 

Nick16

Member
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Messages
1,761
Location
Surrey, UK
hogan53 said:
Hi All
Free postage with this regulator.
There's a open and close valve on it, maybe its quite precise as its made for the planted aquarium.
I ordered 1 so we will see. I've got a spare needle valve anyway so cant envisage any problems.
hoggie

well let us know what turns up etc, with pics :D

i cant see how the soleniod (if it has one) works, as there is no leccy cable in the pic?
 

JamesM

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2008
Messages
1,913
Location
The BIG End, South Wales
Nick16 said:
hogan53 said:
Hi All
Free postage with this regulator.
There's a open and close valve on it, maybe its quite precise as its made for the planted aquarium.
I ordered 1 so we will see. I've got a spare needle valve anyway so cant envisage any problems.
hoggie

well let us know what turns up etc, with pics :D

i cant see how the soleniod (if it has one) works, as there is no leccy cable in the pic?
There is no solenoid with the first reg, clearly.
 

aaronnorth

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
Nick16 said:
Themuleous said:
They even do a version with a cylinder gauge! You'd need an inline needle valve to use it but still probably works out loads cheaper than a 'normal' reg.

Sam


why would you need an inline valve? - what is it?

surely if it has a soleniod, you would have to plug it in to the mian electrisity, but it doesnt show any cables in the picture???

Fred Dulley said:
By looking at them, they do appear to be too small.
This should work though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Pressure-Regu ... .m14.l1262

by the time you add on the postage it will be quite a lot of ££££ :?


A needle valve (or thumbwheel) is used to change the output/ bubble count. Without one you have no control over the injection rates!
A solenoid would probably be larger than the reg itself :lol:
 

dsandson

Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
104
Location
Belfast, NI
yes Hogan, please do post a few pics as this could be an ideal introductory reg for those of us who are a little strapped for cash!

Even without a solenoid this might be good for 24hr co2 injection at a reduced rate.

Dave.
 

GHNelson

Global Moderator
Staff member
Joined
14 Dec 2008
Messages
4,872
Location
Hemel Hempstead
dsandson said:
yes Hogan, please do post a few pics as this could be an ideal introductory reg for those of us who are a little strapped for cash!

Even without a solenoid this might be good for 24hr co2 injection at a reduced rate.

Dave.

Will do Dave if i can.

hoggie
 
Top