• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Smallest reg?

Looks as though it should fit a FE.
£11.95 to find out...I'm quite tempted...I'll wait to hear other views on it though.

Themuleous said:
They even do a version with a cylinder gauge! You'd need an inline needle valve to use it but still probably works out loads cheaper than a 'normal' reg.

Sam

why would you need an inline valve? - what is it?

surely if it has a soleniod, you would have to plug it in to the mian electrisity, but it doesnt show any cables in the picture???

Fred Dulley said:
By looking at them, they do appear to be too small.
This should work though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Pressure-Regu ... .m14.l1262

by the time you add on the postage it will be quite a lot of ££££ :?

Hi All
Free postage with this regulator.
There's a open and close valve on it, maybe its quite precise as its made for the planted aquarium.
I ordered 1 so we will see. I've got a spare needle valve anyway so cant envisage any problems.
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Hi All
There's a open and close valve on it, maybe its quite precise as its made for the planted aquarium.
I ordered 1 so we will see. I've got a spare needle valve anyway so cant envisage any problems.
hoggie

well let us know what turns up etc, with pics :D

i cant see how the soleniod (if it has one) works, as there is no leccy cable in the pic?

Nick16 said:
hogan53 said:
Hi All
hoggie

well let us know what turns up etc, with pics :D

i cant see how the soleniod (if it has one) works, as there is no leccy cable in the pic?
There is no solenoid with the first reg, clearly.

Nick16 said:
Themuleous said:
They even do a version with a cylinder gauge! You'd need an inline needle valve to use it but still probably works out loads cheaper than a 'normal' reg.

Sam

why would you need an inline valve? - what is it?

surely if it has a soleniod, you would have to plug it in to the mian electrisity, but it doesnt show any cables in the picture???

Fred Dulley said:
By looking at them, they do appear to be too small.
This should work though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Pressure-Regu ... .m14.l1262

by the time you add on the postage it will be quite a lot of ££££ :?

A needle valve (or thumbwheel) is used to change the output/ bubble count. Without one you have no control over the injection rates!
A solenoid would probably be larger than the reg itself :lol:

yes Hogan, please do post a few pics as this could be an ideal introductory reg for those of us who are a little strapped for cash!

Even without a solenoid this might be good for 24hr co2 injection at a reduced rate.

Dave.

dsandson said:
yes Hogan, please do post a few pics as this could be an ideal introductory reg for those of us who are a little strapped for cash!

Even without a solenoid this might be good for 24hr co2 injection at a reduced rate.

Dave.

Will do Dave if i can.

hoggie

Back