• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Snails or deficiency?

Aeropars

HI Guys,

On my crypt wendtii i have holes appearing in leafs which i know could be a deficiency but i also wonder if it could be snails which i have a fair amount of.

I dont appear to have much in the way off deficiencies although i do have green spot on slow growing stuff as well as old leafs.

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

Themuleous said:
I doubt its the snails. When did you add the crypts?

Think themuleous is right. My apple snails are, quite frankly, rampant in my little 60l tank. My Wendtii 'Tropica' Crypts were constantly getting leaves with holes in them. So bad in fact that leaf loss far outweighed new growth.

Rescued them with a rescape, a T6 tube from aqua essentials, more structured dosing, increased flow and DIY CO2.

Dave

Right'o!

I think i'll put it down to CO2 as i really am struggling to get the levels up to what I want. I dont think the filter is powerful enough to diffuse the CO2 at the rate its needed with my Aquamas reactor. I've got a rhynox 2000 comeing tomorrow so i'll see how that one performs.

Back