Snails

aaronnorth

Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
nice, but your porcupine/staghorns are soooo expensive Richard. Unless theyre ginormous I guess.
they are cool though 8)

what is th average size of all of the species? and i am right in thinking they dont breed in freshwater correct?

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
aaronnorth said:
what is th average size of all of the species? and i am right in thinking they dont breed in freshwater correct?
They need brakish water to breed!

johnny70

I got some bee Staghorn nerites the other day, just wanted standard ones, but no one had any stock, now AE do, arghhhhh......................

JOHNNY

LondonDragon said:
aaronnorth said:
They need brakish water to breed!
yep, they sure do.. but it doesnt stop them welding white eggs to everything! :)

seriously though, lovely snails nerites, I want some more of them.

aaronnorth said:
Good, i dont want them to breed! Are the white eggs like the ones in jelly? Very small? I'm not bothered about them, you cant see them much anyway.
not like any other snails eggs really.. layed individually, and nigh on impossible to remove. They can be a bit of a nightmare as they can lay prolifically.... however, its a small price to pay for such a wonderful creature.

JamieH

Wow.... I love AE, I really do... But they are some expensive snails... they sell red zebra snails at pets at home for £2.50!

Aqua Essentials

Sponsor
Staff member
Hi Guys

The snails vary in size from 0.8cm (porcupine) to larger nerites which are about 1.5cm (some are smaller).

With regards to price, that's the best I can do at the moment but am doing my best to source cheaper one's.

AndyTaylor

Hi, i've actually sent you a message through your site but will the Ruby Nerites really survive in a tank with Loaches? 3 5 inch Clowns to be specific.
I could really do with some prolific algae eaters but I'm not paying 2.99 each for Loach food! :lol:

AndyTaylor said:
Hi, i've actually sent you a message through your site but will the Ruby Nerites really survive in a tank with Loaches? 3 5 inch Clowns to be specific.
Unlikely any snails will survive with clowns, of any size.

AndyTaylor

That's what I would have though. The description of the Ruby Nerite on AE suggests otherwise.

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
AndyTaylor said:
That's what I would have though. The description of the Ruby Nerite on AE suggests otherwise.
From another website that sells them:

Do NOT keep snails with loaches (sucking loaches are ok), pufferfish, crabs, crayfish or large aggressive fish as they will kill snails.
Guess it depends on the loaches ;)

Aqua Essentials

Sponsor
Staff member
spaldingaquatics said:
Hi,

when are you getting more snails in stock?
They sold much quicker than we expected! We're getting more next week

PM me if you would like an email when they arrive

beeky

JamieH said:
Wow.... I love AE, I really do... But they are some expensive snails... they sell red zebra snails at pets at home for £2.50!
Yes, my local P@H does to. Unfortunately, they're all upside down and there's no one at home..... :rolleyes: :lol: Nice if you like collecting shells though.