• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

SNOW!!!!

Ed Seeley

So who's got it yet and how much?

We've got a thin layer here and some big flakes starting to come down! Apparently the South side of the city has very little so far though!

We've had more so it's white over again!!!

I'm just North of Nottingham, near junction 26 of the M1. My friend in West Bridgford has very little there last time she looked outside.

I think it'll take 4" before my head will close the school, of then so I'm praying for REALLY heavy snow! :lol:!!!

Ed Seeley said:
We've had more so it's white over again!!!

I'm just North of Nottingham, near junction 26 of the M1. My friend in West Bridgford has very little there last time she looked outside.

I think it'll take 4" before my head will close the school, of then so I'm praying for REALLY heavy snow! :lol:!!!

we could be 6 feet under in flood water and our head would not close the school, never been closed in the 6 years ive been there. he would be rowing down the corridor saying back to lessons rather than close the school. we have a light dusting here but it is still snowing, if it settles (and i mean lots) im going biking tommorrow, you can forget about me going to school.

Did snow today but didn't settle.

But I think it's gonna snow for at least 18 hours tonight and tomorrow. - That's what the weather suggests anyway.

The latest weather forecast I've seen is disappointing unfortunately. Only light snow showers for us here until Tuesday! Looks like I'd better get my work done ready for tomorrow! :twisted: :lol:

You lucky lot.

Had arranged to take the kids to my Mums today and for those of you who don't know, I can't nor want to drive!!! I bike everywhere

So at 11am I attach the double buggy to the bike and get the kids ready.
11-20 look out the window and some fine wispy snow. Not a problem
11-30 I set off - no snow again
12-25 (8½ miles later) arrive at my Mums with frozen feet. No snow
12-45 Take my Mum's dog to the local nature reserve to search for cobbles/rocks
12-55 Snowing like mad then stops
1-20 about 1 mile into the reserve and the snow comes down blizzard style. I was cold, the dog was shivering. Take the route home
2-10pm get home looking like a snowman with a freezing dog.

Hot cup of tea and a sunday roast soon cheers me up

5pm wake up on the sofa and look out the window to see snow everywhere. Blizzard again. Put the bike in Dad's shed. Flatpack the buggy into Dad's shed. Ring the wife to give her the orders and collection time :lol:

It was a pretty skiddy drive home and I am not the most confident of passengers :lol:

AC

my school is CLOSED i am amazed, first time for everything i guess, looks like im on my mtb hitting the trails tommorow.

woo, we've got about an inch or so. it started in the morning and has been on and off all day, got a bit heavier earlier but has calmed down a bit now

i hope it carries on strong though... can't be bothered for school tomorrow!!

Some photos I took earlier:

pict0128mu9.jpg

pict0163ly5.jpg

Pixie having fun:
pict0100kn5.jpg

Here trying to eat the snow! lol
pict0111tg2.jpg

:)

Back