• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

SNOW!!!!

Snowing quite heavily here in Swansea, although it doesn't seem to be sticking to the roads fortunately, so isn't causing too much of a problem (probably because they were still wet from the last lot of snow melting)
Unfortunately I'm stuck in work so I can't go out and play :(

Off work again. I almost feel guilty!

The missus wouldn't let me take my new camera out in the snow, so I sneaked out with my compact.

snow3.jpg

snow4.jpg

snow5.jpg

snow2.jpg

George Farmer said:
The missus wouldn't let me take my new camera out in the snow, so I sneaked out with my compact.

Apparently, Robert Capa had the same problem with his missus. :lol:

Call yourself an armourer, you great big pansy? :lol:

Well, I have been embedded at work, stacking up the overtime and contemplating which lens next. 8)

Anyway, I got an hour to myself this afternoon, so I took the camera out for a quickie. There wasn`t much to take due to the white out. Maybe the interesting skies will come out tomorrow.

Snow.jpg

Rhosesmor.jpg

The above piccies were taken by a southerner wearing bermuda shorts and flip flops. Who says we are not hard?

Dave.

You want to get yourselves an old skateboard, bake was into it under the grill and then use it as a snowboard. It couldn't be more fun!

Well my school is about the only one in Nottingham that seemed to open today. Took me 55 minutes to make the 7 mile journey and it was the worst 55 minutes driving I've ever done. I've driven on snow many times before but never with so many idiots going along like it was a normal day and with the ice under the snow! Not good!

Candle wax, in all my excitement at figuring out to go really fast you need to coat it in something hydrophobic and smooth I forgot how to type.

Hi All,its just stopped here in worcester,but its very wet snow so should be melted by this afternoon,regards john.

It's real heavy here again. Got sent home from work again.

The missus is mucking out at the stables and I fear she's not going to be able to get home, as the surrounding roads aren't gritted. Anyone got a spare 4x4 that lives in Stamford?!

We've got nothing more in Leeds. We were promised an extra 8inches but they never materialized, I really could have done with a snow day today. I'm exhuasted!

Not sure about all this north/south rivalry - I'm the first PROPER resident northerner to post on this thread, IMHO ;)

Driving up the M6 this am from Lancaster towards Kendal in clear blue skies, brilliant sunshine, roads clear, and a line of crisp white fells on the horizon... :lol:

Back