• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Snowflake

Fisher2007

I've been looking into shrimp food and I seen a few brands/types called snowflake. Looking at the ingredients it is 100% soya bean hull which got me thinking that could I source it elsewhere for cheaper, as I know they feed livestock soya bean hull

I had a look on eBay and found this. Anyone know if it would be the same or is the snowflake you buy different in some way, either in type or how it is processed and produced?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202968413424

Thanks

Depends on how many shrimp you have to feed I guess, shrimp branded products guarantee a level of shrimp “safety”

If you’re convinced of the suitability of the product (I suggest reading up on soy production and processing) then give it a go

I’d look on a shrimp specific forum such as shrimpspot.com (or talk with local shrimp breeders)

If it helps at all, I've fed Snowflake from a number of different suppliers and have found that it's not all the same. I've bought from members on the Shrimp Marketplace and to be honest, the shrimp haven't really gone for it, and that's from a growing colony of shrimp that are eating me out of house and home. The Snowflake I bought online was a sort of "grey" colour and not at all like the white I have seen in videos on YT. The pellets also broke up almost as soon as they hit the water.

What I do buy is the Snowflake from Shrimp King, the Dennerle brand and the shrimp love it. It's far from the cheapest but I've found it to be the best I've bought. I originally picked up a pack of the Shrimp King 5 in 1 which contained Snowflake and what I do now is alternate the different packs on a daily basis. The shrimp get lots of variety that way.

Back