• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

so far 1 massive dissapointment . happier now

plantnoob

plants arrived today , the polysperma wasnt great , the leaves looked a bit battered , the corymbosa was almost non existant , virtually nothing in the pot , 3 tiny little stems . the ozelot , well i cant comment on that because it was missing . didnt even effin get it :twisted:

they are sending me an ozelot and another corymbosa which i will have tomorrow .

on a side note the plants are all bent and droopy looking . is this normal ? will they come round and straighten up over the next few days ?

so far i feel a bit dejected and disapointed to say the least

Sorry to hear that plant noob ! Can I ask where you purchased from so I can save myself the same trouble ,I've had enough of rubbish online aquatic stores with there bad approach to customer satisfaction this year !
Pm me if you don't want to put the details on here ;)

really not happy with how things look . i can see myself taking it all out and comnpletely replanting tomorrow when the new plants come

Hygrophila species will grow and spread happily from the scraggiest looking stem. You might as well use them since you have them. With regards to them being bent, everything will grow towards the light once it gets going.

thats good to know . hopefully a few days of co2 and ferts and things will look better

Consistent CO2 and ferts will see a single stem turn into an out of control jungle in a month.

Panic not, and good luck with your planting :)

thanks . its all planted , but tbh i dont think ive done a very good job . i think i need to seperate the stems out better and try again

I usually leave at least an inch between Hygrophila stems. Under the right conditions, their growth is as much horizontal as vertical. If you notice gaps that haven't closed up, they can always be filled later.
Corymbosa will need more room than that, it's quite the leafy thing.

i think its the limnophila aquatica , and the linderina rotundifolia i need to re-do . they were a pig to seperate so i just kinda planted them in big bunches

If it's at all similar to Limnophila sessiflora, you'll have to a tough time stopping it from growing :p I found sessiflora to be an absolute nitrate HOG, it just went nuts.

Sorry to hear that plant noob ! Can I ask where you purchased from so I can save myself the same trouble ,I've had enough of rubbish online aquatic stores with there bad approach to customer satisfaction this year !
Pm me if you don't want to put the details on here ;)

TGM.... That surprises me

wont be shopping there again . £101 worth of plants my backside . i want to send them back for a refund , but i doubt i can now they are out of the pots :banghead:

I'm pretty sure if you kick up a fuss (which by the sound of it, you have every right to do) they'll resolve the situation. Somebody must have noticed the plants' condition when they packed them.

Hi plantnoob

Your plants look relatively normal to me for brand new plants fresh from shipment. They will soon perk up in the right conditions. Bent stems etc. are to be expected from mail order plants.

If you wish to make a complaint regarding the lack of plant mass then please contact the retailer directly, as per the UKAPS Rules and Guidelines, and I'm sure they will help further.

Cheers,
George

i have emailed them george . this is why i didnt name them in the thread , i didnt want the thing to become some kind of witch hunt .

They do look normal but i tend to steer clear on postal orders as iv been disappointed in the past, i know its not realistic for some. I am lucky enough to live near the shop and the stock is amazing, always satisfied

don't worry mate my plants was too a little worse for wear from transit but 1 week on and all is picking up well.. one thing i did notice was snails lots of.. i wasted the plants as much as i could before planting but did you see any?

Back