• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

so far 1 massive dissapointment . happier now

nope no snails . maybe i'm being a bist hasty to express disapointment , but with this being my 1st ever proper plant order i was expecting to look at the tank and go " yep that looks nice" . perhaps my lack of experience/knowledge showing .

Yeah they don't look too bad to me to be honest, just a bit bedraggled from posting. Give them a day or two to figure out which way is up and get settled in. The stems should bulk out very quickly once you've trimmed and replanted them a few times. Crypts and HC will obviously be a bit slower.

Hi Mark
TBH one of the first things i discovered is that i always underestimated how many pots i really needed to get a decent plant mass from the outset.
With the co2 going,& a bit of trimming/replanting, everything will start to fill in the gaps.

thanks for the reassurance everybody . il give em plenty of co2 and see how they go .

Hey Mark,
sorry to hear of your difficulties and disappointment, its never nice to feel let down and a little despondent. Im sure TGM will do their best to resolve any issues.
What i would say is that your plants can quickly recover and fill in. Im sure you will have already seen it but check out this thread for the 'from this to this' examples. Its worth another look if you have seen it, and if you havnt itll give you an idea of how many tanks start their journey and what they turn into :thumbup:
From this to This | UK Aquatic Plant Society
Most of them look a little sparse to start with.
Keep your chin up mate and nail the c02 :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

thanks ady . some real encouragement in those tanks . some amazing transformations .

im sure from what people have said that things will look better in a week or so . but i still dont feel that what i got was worth £101 . but then i guess this is all part of the learning curve .

Its the premium you pay for being able to choose your plants online. Shop plants are cheaper, but its rare to get anything of much interest. If you think about it as an investment, you will see big returns for next to nothing (price of ferts, CO2). You got the kind of plants you wanted, the quantitative issue will sort itself out soon enough.

to be fair to TGM the ozelot they sent me that was missing is a beauty . loads of it in the pot , very decent size and healthy , the replacement corymbosa also was much much better .

edit: i actually got 2 lovely ozelots from the 1 pot once all the rockwool was removed . i have also removed and replanted everything apart from the HC , this time seperating and planting stems individually in small groups . now instead of a pile of poo , i can actually see potential and am much happier .

have to say i feel a little bit embarrassed about the way i flapped and panicked . i would just like to thank everybody here for their patience and encouragement , and also ewan at TGM for doing his utmost to ensure i was happy

ive got another couple of stem plants coming next week to fill in a big gap at the left rear of the tank , and then il resurect the journal with the 1st planted photo so i can keep a visual record of the tanks progress . compared to yesterday i am really enjoying the tank now . as the saying gos , what a difference a day makes !

Good stuff. I've ordered loads of plants from TGM and I've got them in there still today.

Try and order from AE as its a bit cheaper.

AE is where the other plants are coming from . ordered them last night so should have them soon .

yep the plants from AE are simply fantastic , ordered thursday night , received them saturday morning . half the price , twice the ammount . stronger , healthier , better packaged and imho better value . sure they may not have quite the range that tgm have , but from now on they will be my " go to " place for all my plants . anything they havent got i will see if its in the for sale section on here .

Back