so, here it is.....

Rachel Essex

.....day 3, I have had amazing help and advise from Aquarium Gardens, they have been totally fantastic in getting to this point. I still have much to learn and unlearn from my marine years, but so far I am happy with how it's all looking. Finally, with expert help, I seem to have a good spectrum with my hydra 52's.Very happy I stuck with them now. Early days but big water changes daily, plenty of co2 and carbon dosing I hope my set up will thrive. So, looking forward to adding livestock, but I'm in no hurry. Sump includes plastic scouring pads, floss and pond filter plastic tube things, and a bag of Purigen. Return pump providing adequate flow on its own. Massive thanks to Geoff and Steve at Aquarium Gardens for their continued support.

IMG_7654.jpeg
IMG_7653.jpeg
IMG_7655.jpeg

Siege

Wow! :clap::)

Just keep banging in the CO2, keep it yellow, no probs. Then slowly turn it down ready for when you add shrimp in a week or 2 time.

Keep going with your water changes, it’ll pay off on the long run. Gradually going down to weekly.

It’s gonna be mind blowing when grown in!

Last edited:

Jayefc1

Looks really good cant commend the AG guys enough always there to help
Your plant selections look stunning cant wait to see it grow in and a befo plus 1 for the water changes and co2 even though mine is 3 months old I still do 2 water changes a week not because there needed just because I enjoy it lol
Cheers
Jay

Rachel Essex

Thanks Keith!

@Jayefc1 - cheers! Loving how easy the water changes are compared to my old reef set up! Makes it not a chore at all lol

@Geoffrey Rea yes it has, I'm looking forward very much to watching it develop. Thank you so much.

@ Alto - mechanical, in first section of sump.

Jayefc1

As the processes goes on and the trimming starts it gets even more pleasurable I think seeing it start to take the shape and form your looking for good luck and enjoy
Cheers
Jay

Arana

Love it! Just keep on top of the maintenance and the ferts and this will grow into a stunner :clap:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreyFoxIndy Best water changing solution here in the UK?? General Planted Tank Discussions 8