• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

so, here it is.....

Rachel Essex

.....day 3, I have had amazing help and advise from Aquarium Gardens, they have been totally fantastic in getting to this point. I still have much to learn and unlearn from my marine years, but so far I am happy with how it's all looking. Finally, with expert help, I seem to have a good spectrum with my hydra 52's.Very happy I stuck with them now. Early days but big water changes daily, plenty of co2 and carbon dosing I hope my set up will thrive. So, looking forward to adding livestock, but I'm in no hurry. Sump includes plastic scouring pads, floss and pond filter plastic tube things, and a bag of Purigen. Return pump providing adequate flow on its own. Massive thanks to Geoff and Steve at Aquarium Gardens for their continued support.

IMG_7654.jpeg
IMG_7653.jpeg
IMG_7655.jpeg

Wow! :clap::)

Just keep banging in the CO2, keep it yellow, no probs. Then slowly turn it down ready for when you add shrimp in a week or 2 time.

Keep going with your water changes, it’ll pay off on the long run. Gradually going down to weekly.

It’s gonna be mind blowing when grown in!

Last edited:
Looks really good cant commend the AG guys enough always there to help
Your plant selections look stunning cant wait to see it grow in and a befo plus 1 for the water changes and co2 even though mine is 3 months old I still do 2 water changes a week not because there needed just because I enjoy it lol
Cheers
Jay

Thanks Keith!

@Jayefc1 - cheers! Loving how easy the water changes are compared to my old reef set up! Makes it not a chore at all lol

@Geoffrey Rea yes it has, I'm looking forward very much to watching it develop. Thank you so much.

@ Alto - mechanical, in first section of sump.

As the processes goes on and the trimming starts it gets even more pleasurable I think seeing it start to take the shape and form your looking for good luck and enjoy
Cheers
Jay

Back