• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

So I'm considering a 70cm(H) tank...

jarthel

I'm not tall (5' 6") nor do I have long arms. I will be using ladder/chair. My worry is that planting plants would be difficult. If someone has been in this situation, how did you successfully placed the plants?

Thank you

John Starkey had a similar problem, and used a bench to do maintenance but I believe it's a lot of hassle. I'm a similar height too, but my largest tanks are probably only chest height so I can more or less reach over to where I need to get, or stand on a stool for the hard to reach bits...

My old man used to have a 3ft/90cm deep tank, he's 5' 8", and it just wasn't worth the hassle. I would say you need to be able to comfortably get to the substrate and 70cm would put your armpit in a world of pain from the tank edge if you were tinkering for any length of time, if you're not working from above it.

Just measured my arm (busy at work, obviously) :shifty: From the base of my fingers to the middle of my armpit is approximately 60cm and i'm 6' 1".

Back