So the priming cap in my Aqua One CF1200 is stuck...

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by jarthel, 19 Nov 2009.

1. jarthel

jarthel Member

what are my options to loosen it? a bit of oil? wd40? (I doubt this is good).

thank you very much

Jayel

2. jonnyjr

jonnyjr Member

What do you mean its stuck? Have you pushed the red sprung leaver to the side fully and tried twisting it? There is a recess inside if you have a helping hand you can push with a stick against the inside of the priming cap and twist at the same time? More than likely the rubber o ring is seized, just try some brute force. Once you do get it off, keep it lubricated with Vaseline.

3. jarthel

jarthel Member

Is this recess in the other side of the unit? I asked because it seems there is a cylindrical hole that seems to be opposite of the priming cap. I'm not 100% sure since I don't have the unit with me. I'm at work.

Thanks again

4. jonnyjr

jonnyjr Member

Yes there is a hole going to the inside of the filter canister, if you shine a torch down it you should see a straight piece of plastic going across the diameter of the hole, push on this bit, and twist from the out side of the priming cap.

5. jarthel

jarthel Member

thank you. I'll try your suggestion with the help of my wife. :)

6. jarthel

jarthel Member

I had to use wd40 in the end. Any suggestions to get this off? I'm thinking isopropyl alcohol but your recommendations are most welcome. :)