• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Software/format for company brochure

Ray

I need to help a friend produce a company brochure. It will be mostly photo's with some text around and over them.

What software should I get to be able to do the job and produce a format that can be sent directly to the printers to keep costs to a minimum?

I use an Apple Mac and if we need to buy some software to do this then that's acceptable.

Thank you

Adobe Indesign my old friend, Quark used to be the way forward but it's not at all user friendly and extremely expensive.
HTH
Dan

Dan Crawford said:
Adobe Indesign my old friend, Quark used to be the way forward but it's not at all user friendly and extremely expensive.
HTH
Dan
Thanks Dan, compared to paying someone else to do it this seems to be the best way. Its worth waiting for CS4 in November I presume? Interesting its only $699 in the US and nearly twice as much here. I guess the cheapest way to get it is to get an old version (that supports Wintel Mac) 2nd hand on ebay/amazon and then order the upgrade from the US...?

Can anyone reccomend any online digital image libraries that license photos for not too much? I'm particularly after vaguely military pictures - ship, landrover, radar station, etc.

iStock photo is a great site for imagery.

I've never bought software second hand so i can't really comment. CS3 is full of licensing barriers and i don't know how you transfer from owner to owner? If you can sell old software then i'm gonna be rich, when CS4 comes out i'll have about 6+ CS3 for sale LOL

Back