• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solar roof panels

Hi all,
Just to update this thread our solar panels are still performing at he same level as they did when we got them in 2011.

This is May 2020, our best month ever. The FIT on the graph is the 2011 value, so it really was ridiculously generous as it is RPI linked for 25 years., and they have already paid back more than the original investment.
may2020_solarlog.JPG

cheers Darrel

Love your work Darrel!!!

I have 15.5kW system but only get about 0.11c/kWh FIT. Currently get about $4 per day in profit. ROI will be around 4-5 years. This is typical for Australia; land of sunshine.

they didn't turn up when it had been agreed they would
This seems to be a common issue with trades people and persists even in 2020. Many will not even text the customer to tell em that they are late etc etc. I do wonder about the mentality of these people but don't know any personally to ask why they keep up this behaviour. At least instagram it, if you are late or having a bowel motion. The very minimal should be a myspace message.

Hi all,
Love your work Darrel
It was entirely due to my wife, we'ed been to <"W. Bavaria in 2010">, and there were solar panels everywhere, to the extent that farmers had obviously constructed new barns just to put solar panels on them.

I remember her phoning me up at work (after she got the details from the UK Government) and I told her the figures can't be right, they didn't make any economic sense, but they were right and they didn't make any economic sense.
I have 15.5kW system but only get about 0.11c/kWh FIT. Currently get about $4 per day in profit.
In the UK the FIT for solar PV has <"finished altogether">, so in ten years it has gone from one extreme to the other.
This seems to be a common issue with trades people and persists even in 2020
I think in this case they were just snowed under with work, installers had to certified and it was like a Gold Rush, but it boomed and bust just as quickly.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back