• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solufeed smell??

Mattant1984

Hi everyone, So ive been using Solufeed 2:1:4 for a while now and I've noticed that my tank water has quite a strong smell to it.

Is this quite normal when using something like this??

Thanks in advance ☺️

@GHNelson it's a very weird smell almost what you would imagine a fertiliser to smell like and only really noticed it since using the solufeed.

Are you using solufeed yourself??

Maybe I'll stick some carbon in for a couple of days to see if it gets rid of it, it's not really bad but just a little odd

I've currently got loads of stem plants and also just added loads of hygrophila diformis a few days ago. Might have a bit of a trim everywhere

Hi all,
@dw1305 have you noticed any kind of smell coming from the aquarium water since using it??
No, but I'd guess that you might just possibly get some smell from the urea in a very concentrated solution, but only if you left it for a while.

My tanks don't normally smell at all, if they do develop a slightly "earthy" smell, I know that there are more Cyanobacteria (than normal) present.

Cheers Darrel

Thanks Darrel, it's only since starting the solufeed which I find really odd, it's almost like a marajua smell.

I will do a larger than normal water change this evening and see what happens, however I do 50% every Monday anyway.

Any other ideas on what it could be if it's not the ferts? I've never had an aquarium in 18 years smell like it

Back