• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Some feedback please!

myboyshay

Hi there!
I'm a brand new member and just wanted some feedback on my attempt at aquascaping.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=31258183 (2 PICS)

The tank was already established and I stripped it and started a new 2 weeks ago, hence the ugly looking gravel which lets the whole scape down and doesn't allow me to plant as much as I would like (carpet plants etc)

I would be grateful of any feedback, good or bad.

Many thanks

Mark...South Shields

wow! looks good for a 1st atempt...you have clearly mannaged to grow the plants which is the 1st step.
i like the rocks you use but i think they could look and be so much more effective in a iwagumi set up. or maby if you made the rocks on the left taller by putting mroe gravel under them i thin kthis would add to the effect.

well done though a good 1st setup.-would you mind giving us some tank specs like tank,lighting,filtration,co2,dosing ect ect.
ohh and could you tell me what the name of the big plant in the back righ is please?

Thanks for the cool comments. :D

Here's the spec:
Tank: Aqua One AR850 165L 84x58x44cm
Lighting: 70w Arcadia Freshwater and Arcadia Natural Daylight 8hrs a day
Aeration: 14hrs lights out
Daily dosing with 3ml of Easy Carbo and 3ml of Tropica Plant Nutrition+
pH: 7.5
Temp: 26
Hardscape: Mini landscape Rock
Plants: Water Wisteria, java fern and anubias barteri nana
Fish: Harlequins, cory, oto's and SAE
1/3 water change a week

Cheers
Mark

wow it dosent look 165L from the pic i must say...those rocks must be big, i though the tank was about 60-100L lol :lol:

IMO the rock formation looks a bit too uniform with the anubias following it.
Possibility the addition of a more red coloured plant would work well, and maybe a carpetting plant? Plenty to choose from! :D

Great stuff for a first attempt!

I would love to add a carpet of plants, what carpeting plant/s would you recommend, bearing in mind I have a gravel only substrate, is it worth adding fert tabs? I dose daily with Easy Carbo and TPN+.

Cheers

Mark

Back