Some Hairgrass trimming hints & Tips please!

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by myboyshay, 14 Oct 2009.

1. myboyshay

myboyshay Member

Hi everyone,

My tank has been planted with hairgrass (E.Parvula) for nearly 4 weeks, I trimmed it to around an inch tall before planting and it is growing and spreading nicely.

I don't want to trim for trimming sake and was wondering when would be the best time for the next trim and how often I should do it after that. I use Easycarbo only and have a very rich ADA substrate.

I'm trying to grow a compact carpet around 2 inches tall (there's a link to my journal below if you want to have a look)

Thanks in advance

Mark

SERENITY PEAK Journal
    viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7750#p85503

2. samc

samc Member

IME with this great plant it has not grown over 2in. if you could avoid it i would not trim it for the life span of the scape. of cousre if yours does i would try trimming a small piece and see what it does as i have trimmed acicularis before and it died back and others it has not.

3. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer Member

Make sure it doesn`t grow too densely, as the growth becomes forced upwards, resulting in a mid ground height plant.

Dave.