• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Some of my insect photographs

Myrtle

I rarely venture into this part of the forum as I am most definitely not a skilled photographer in any way, shape or form. However I do have a keen interest in amateur entomology and some of the pictures I have taken over this year since getting a better camera (still just a point-and-shoot) have actualy turned out quite well, even though most were taken mainly for ID purposes. I thought I'd share some with you as I know at least one other person on this board shares my insectoid interests!

This large beetle is Agapanthea villosoviridescens (slips right off the tongue!). Look for it around June on Hogweed in the southern parts of England.
Agapantheavillosoviridescens.jpg

The Speckled Wood butterfly
SpeckledWood.jpg

The Holly Blue
HollyBlue.jpg

Female wingless beetle Lepopterna delbrata commonly known as the Meadow Bug
Lepopternadelbratafemale.jpg

and for an intro into the wonderful world of moths which aren't all dull brown things...

Pyrausta aurata - Mint Moth
Pyraustaaurata1.jpg

Brimstone Moth
Brimstone.jpg

Mother of Pearl
MotherofPearl-Pleuropytaruralis.jpg

Hope you like them!

Well done Jo, as LD says great pics with the equipment.

More photos please (from anyone). I can't read that well and a picture paints a thousand words!

Back